THE BAD BOY AND THE CHEERLEADER - CHAPTER 35

************NOT EDITED FOR ERRORS

CHAPTER 35:

GIANNA'S POV:

I wake up in our Las Vegas hotel to see a serious-looking Caleb, propped up on his elbow, staring at me. The boy won't admit that he loves me, but he watches me sleep? If that doesn't scream 'I love you, Gianna', then I don't know what would. Okay, well, maybe him actually saying the words might be a little more effective.

He'll come around. I have all the time in the world to wait for the words.

I just stare at him silently, as he stares back at me. Then I notice the bags under his eyes and the weariness on his face. I reach up and touch his cheek. "What's the matter, baby? Didn't you sleep?"

"I couldn't." He has a defeated look on his handsome face.

I try to lighten up his mood, "Well, I slept like a baby. You wore me out."

It doesn't work. Still silent, he leans down and kisses me passionately. My eyes go wide in shock, only to see an uncharacteristic intensity in his. I wrap my arms behind his neck and welcome the unexpected intimacy.

I love him so much. I'm lost in the passion as his hands roam my body. Touching more than just the outside. I feel like his touching what's on the inside to. My heart. My soul. When he makes love to me, and for the first time, I understand what making love is, tears come to my eyes. I could swear that they come to his too, before he turns his face away from mine.

Afterwards, he just leans over me, holding me in his arms, his face buried in my neck. I try moving my head to the side, to look at him, but he gets up off the bed and walks to the bathroom, still not saying a word.

Okay. What the hell is going on?

He comes out fifteen minutes later, showered and changed. He finally speaks, "Get ready. We're going home." With that, he grabs the room key off the table and leaves the hotel room.

Okay. What the FUCK is going on?

CALEB'S POV:

I leave the hotel room, unable to bear even looking at her. It hurts too much. I try to tell myself that we're going home because it's time, but I know the truth. I'm going to have to let her go. Unless I can think of something to hold onto her. Something that doesn't involving poisoning her mother.

That would just poison our love. And I do love her. So, so freaking much.

I sit down at the hotel lounge and just stare at my drink. Then it comes to me. Julie can just think that we broke up. We snuck around with her unaware before she found out about us. Now, we'll just have to sneak a little harder.

I ditch my drink and rush back up to the hotel room, feeling much better about the situation.

GIANNA'S POV:

Just as I'm pulling my shirt over my head, Caleb comes back. In a much better mood. He pounces on me, pulling me into his arms and swinging me around. "Did someone just take their anti-depressants?"

He laughs, "Something like that." Then he kisses me with a lightheartedness that I welcome as much as the passionate, intense kisses from earlier.

We gather our things into our bags, then take the elevator down to check out. Thirty minutes later, we're on the road out of Vegas. We stop an hour or so outside of Vegas, in Mesquite, Nevada to eat breakfast at a diner. Caleb says that he's eager to get home, so he wants to drive the whole way today, getting home late tonight.