Chapter 2: Stone Cold

Lenny's POV
I watched them dance. White lights on them lightly touched with blue. But it started to fade as they spun around slowly. I started feeling a bit empty, as they turned black and gray and white. I closed my eyes feeling the painfully beating of my heart.

"Lenny?" a voice said.

"Hm?" I said and Marion laughed.

"Do you mind taking the picture already," Van said grinning and I flushed.

"Ye-Yeah. Sorry." I said and pressed the button making my phone flash.

I'm still not use to these kinds of phones. But I know I've become addicted to Candy Crush. The wedding lasted a bit longer then I thought it would. Mostly with dancing.

The night when I got home I felt nothing. Numb.

I stripped my clothes off and got in the bathtub as the warm water run. I sunk in it.

I didn't want to feel anything. But my heart kept aching as it beat.

"Don't cry," I said sinking more in the tub.

Don't cry. Don't cry. Don't cry. Don't....cry.

I felt the warm tears stream down my face. I cried to sleep. And woke up to a bright smile on Van's face.

"What do you want?" I snapped.

He knows I'm not a morning person.

"I'm moving," he said smiling even brighter.

WTF?! WHY?!

I blinked. "Where?" I asked.

"Just to a bigger house not away from here," he said and I sighed in relief. "I was hoping you could help me pack and move in," he said and I sighed.

I was hoping not to see him for the time being. My heart needs rest. And I need ice cream. Plus I was planning on watching soaps.

"When did you have this moving planned?" I asked.

"It was a surprise for Marion," he said and I looked down sighing.

"Fine," I said and he smiled.

"Come later today then. Vincent doesn't know yet. I'll tell him later myself." he said and I nodded before closing the door.

"We're what?!" I heard Vincent yell and I flinched.

Vincent doesn't seem to be so happy. I sat at the table drinking coffee as Derrick did nothing as usual. I should really fire that kid.

"Derrick gets to work," I said as he groaned.

"But I don't feel like it," he said and I glared at him.

"You can work or get out. Your choice." I said and he grumbled.

"Jamie hasn't called me or text me for two days now. And is avoiding me. I can't work." he said frowning.

"What you do?" I ask and he gasps in disbelief.

"Why do you ask what I did? I did nothing wrong," he said and I rolled my eyes.

Van came walking up to me sighing. "He's not happy," he said.

"Ya think?" I asked and Derrick glanced at me than Van then back at me.

"Len I don't understand he's still going to be able to see Sammie," Van said frowning.

"How did Marion take it?" I asked sipping my coffee.

"Why ya say her name like that?" he asked.

"Like what?" I hissed and he blinked while Derrick smirked. "Sorry," I said sighing. "So how did she take it?" I ask again.

"She doesn't know," he said and I mentally facepalmed.

"She's gonna have a cow most likely," I said standing up.

"Is she?" he asks and I shrug.

"Happy wife happy life," I say smirking and he sighs.

Sure I was happy for Van being with her and all....but my feelings would make me feel pain. Hearing his wife's name made me a tad bit jealous.

After he told her well she did have a cow. Vincent and Marion, we're upset because they've been in that house forever. Van somehow got them to be happy about moving. Which meant me helping them. I couldn't help packing because of work. So I helped them move in and unpack.

Vincent groaned tiredly as Sammie gave him a water bottle.

"All that moving has made me sleepy," Vincent said.

"Tell Mr.Carter we got all the boxes inside," Sammie said.

I nodded while looking back at my phone playing Candy Crush. The best way to get the mind off your problems. I walked into the empty soon to be the dining room. I looked up from my phone and saw Marion and Van dancing.

He spun her while smiling. She smiled back as he pulled her to his chest. I looked back down at my phone and I lost.

"Uh-Uh, Van we got all the boxes in," I said and he stopped dancing.

"Haha thanks, Len," he said and Marion smiled.

"I think we can handle unpacking," she said and I turned away.

"Nooo, Len stay and help. I have something I want to show you later," he said and I mentally cursed.

As I unpacked I found yearbooks. I picked up one to put on the shelf and a photo fell out of it. I picked it up and my eyes widen. It was when Van and I were washing cars to make money the basketball team to get new uniforms. He had sprayed me with the hose.

I smiled as I looked at it more.

"I need ya, Len. You make me feel like I'm actually someone....not just the successful Charles Carter's son, but Van Carter."

I frowned remembering him saying that after our hose fight which did get us in trouble. Well, Van....now you have her to make you feel like Van Carter.

"Len." a voice said making me snap out of my thoughts.

I jumped a bit and looked up. Van smiled and looked at the photo in my hand.

"Oh hahaha I remember that," he said getting it and smiling. "Welp Len we're done unpacking. I see you don't get stuff done since your looking at everything." he said laughing as I flush.

"I do get stuff done," I said and he took the yearbook away.

"Uh huh, weeellll before we eat dinner I want to show you something," he said.

"What?" I ask and he smirks.

"You'll see," he said putting the photo in the yearbook then putting the yearbook down and heading out of the room.

Hmmm, I wonder what Van wants to show Lenny? Any guesses???? Welp byeeee my potential potatoes. (XD I probably spelled it wrong. Lol I should be asleep)