Chapter Seven

"Good evening to one and all! Welcome to the Search for Mr. and Ms. Criminology 2016! Tonight, 20 candidates will vie for the crown. The question is, who shall prevail?" panimula ng lalaking host.

"That's right, Jimmy! I am very much excited to witness how these candidates take the runway and leave our audience in awe with their beauty, talent, and intelligence. Aren't you excited, Jim?" dugtong naman ng katabi nitong babaeng host. They look good and they speak with confidence, making them look like a pro in hosting.

"I am, Bea! I am excited as well. Why not ask our audience if they're excited to see our candidates?" sagot naman ni Jimmy and he faced the audience. "Are you excited?" sigaw niya na sinuklihan naman ng mga manunuod ng malakas na "Yes!"

"Alright! You may see them in just a while. But before that, we are proud to present to you the members of the judging panel. Bea, who's our first judge?" tanong ni Jimmy kay Bea and the latter announced the name and profession of the first judge.

Salitan silang dalawang host sa pagpapakilala sa mga kasama ko. And when my turn came, they spoke together.

"Our fourth and Chairman of the board of judges is none other than the young, fresh, and gorgeous third child of our school's owner, Mr. Cyrus Sanderson!" they announced in unison and I stood up to wave and smile at the audience.

"And now, ladies and gentlemen, behold, fasten your seatbelts, ready your cameras, and prepare to be starstrucked with our ten handsome and ten beautiful candidates in their production number and self-introduction!" pag-anunsyo ng babaeng host and a music started to play.

🎶 Oh, yeah.
Don't need permission
Made my decision to test my limits 🎶

Umalingawngaw ang boses ni Ariana Grande sa loob ng gymnasium at mas lalo pang naging maingay nang magsigawan ang mga manunuod dahil sa paglabas ng mga babaeng candidates sa stage.

Nakasuot lahat ang mga ito ng fitted jeans na camouflage at puting t-shirt. Magkakaiba man ng hairstyles, make up at heels, maganda parin silang tingnan because they're wearing uniform shirts and pants.

🎶 'Cause it's my business, God as my witness
Start what I finished
Don't need no hold up
Taking control of this kind of moment
I'm locked and loaded
Completely focused, my mind is open. 🎶

They danced gracefully with the song. Mukhang walang nagpapatalo sa mga ito. Hindi ko maiwasang ngumiti while watching them with envy.

How I wished I was a girl.

🎶 All that you got, skin to skin, oh my God, don't ya stop, boy.

Somethin' 'bout you makes me feel like a dangerous woman
Somethin' 'bout, somethin' 'bout, somethin' 'bout you
Makes me wanna do things that I shouldn't
Somethin' 'bout, somethin' 'bout, somethin' 'bout 🎶

When the chorus of the song ended, the girls took their seductive poses and that's when the male candidates entered the stage.

The crowd went wilder and noisier.

🎶 Nothing to prove and
I'm bulletproof and
Know what I'm doing
The way we're movin' like introducing
Us to a new thing
I wanna savor, save it for later
The taste of flavor, 'cause I'm a taker
'Cause I'm a giver, it's only nature
I live for danger 🎶

Nakasuot naman ang mga lalaki ng soldier boots, camouflage pants, and black sleeveless shirts.

"Whoah," I mumbled when I saw how their bodies moved seductively with the song.

Ang gandang panuorin ng kanilang mga katawan na kung gaano katigas tingnan ay siyang lambot namang gumalaw na hindi nababawasan ang pagkaastig nila.