Day 8: Mechanics and Dresses actually mix

OTP: EdWin

Characters: Edward Elric (Canon) Winry Rockbell (Canon)

Anime/Manga: Fullmetal Alchemist/Brotherhood

Status: So Canon that if they weren't I'd have believed the apocalypse was coming.

Winry's PoV

I was getting ready to go to Central because recently Roy had become Fureur.  Ed was going too but, I was meeting him there. Now time for the shopping. "Winry!" I heard someone shout. "Allison!" I said as we hugged. "What're you doing in Resembool?" I asked. "Oh Kain and I were passing through here so we decided to stop by and see how you and Ed were doing," she said. Allison Fuery, a 26-year-old woman with brown hair, blonde highlights, and blue eyes. She was currently married to Sergeant Fuery. They had been married for 7 years.They had an adopted son too. His name was Elliot, and he was 17. "That's nice, but Ed isn't here," I said. "Oh, that pipsqueak. If he doesn't show up-" she started saying but, I laughed. "Don't worry Allison, I know he'll come, now can you help me get a dress," I said. "Well, come on!" She said and dragged me to the store. We picked out a couple of dresses and went to the dressing rooms. She picked a long red strapless dress while I picked a short yellow sleeveless dress and a navy blazer on top. After that, she dragged me to the shoe store. I picked flat black gladiator sandals while she picked white wedges. After that, we only had 1 hour left so I went to my house while she went to the inn and we got our stuff. 

~Next Day~

We arrived at central so Allison and Sergeant Fuery and I split ways. I went to visit Gracia and Elicia. We had caught up and I couldn't believe how beautiful Elicia was becoming. Gracia and I were trying to get her and Elliot together since forever. They were adorable together after all. After lunch we took a walk around Central and got ready when we got back. I wore the dress and shoes I bought yesterday. I put some peach lipstick, brown eyeshadow, black liquid eyeliner, as my makeup, and wore dangling yellow earrings with a beaded necklace and coil bracelet, which were also yellow. I came out of the room and saw Elicia and Gracia. They both looked stunning. Elicia's hair was in bun and she was wearing a sleeveless yellow lace tier dress that came down to her knees, a white sleeveless sweater on top and white tights under it. She had a white clutch, and was wearing heart earrings and pendant, with a gold ring. Her shoes wear wedge high tops. Gracia was wearing a white strapless floor length dress with a cream shawl on top. Her hair was also in a bun, and she had diamond studs on and was wearing her engagement ring and a necklace with the ring Hughes gave her on their first date. I smiled and went into the living room. "Oh Winry you look beautiful," Gracia told me. "Not as much as you two," I said. "C'mon or else we'll be late," Elicia said. We went to headquarters and entered the ball room. "Winry!" I heard Al shout. "Al!" I said and hugged him. "I've missed you," I said. "Me too Winry, Mei's here too," he said. I smiled. Mei and Al have been dating for awhile. "Where's Ed," I asked. "He said he;d be here soon," he said. "Don't tell me you missed me that much Winry," a voice said behind me. "Ed!" I yelled and hugged him. "Hey Winry," he said while laughing. Our lips met and  I pulled away after a bit. We heard clapping and saw Roy walking with Riza down the steps. They looked perfect together, not to mention Riza looked amazing. They walked over to us and Roy stepped forward and held his hand out. "Fullmetal, Winry thank you for coming," he said. Ed shook his hand and I said," It's no problem. We all needed to get together soon anyway," and Ed said, "What Win said and besides I don't exactly have the military keeping me busy anymore do I?". Roy chuckled and shook his head and said, "No,I don't suppose you do,". "It was nice to see you two again, Winry, Ed," Riza said. "You too, Lt. Hawkeye or well Lt. Mustang now, right," Ed said. She laughed and said, "I suppose,". After that the dancing began and Ed held his hand out, and said," Would you give me this dance,". "Sure," I said as I laughed. As we got on the floor I saw Allison and Sergeant Fuery, Riza and Roy, and Elliot and Elicia.I smiled at all the couples.We danced until he stopped suddenly, "Hey Win, mind if I ask you something," he asked. I nodded. "Last time, when I asked I only asked for half of your life and I said I'd give you half of mine. This time, would you mind if I gave you all of it, in exchange for me spending the rest of my life for the rest of our lives," he said and got on his knees and took out a ring. A few tears slipped out. "Did you really have to ask?" I said as I hugged him. Our lips met and there was a bunch of clapping around us. We pulled apart and there were a bunch of congratulations we left together. "Remember on our first date when you said you couldn't look good and get ready by yourself for the life of you," he said. "Yeah, because mechanics and dresses don't mix," I said. "Well, I think you were wrong about that, because you're proof that mechanics and dresses actually do mix," he said. I smiled, he once said I took the rules of equivalent exchange and put them in trash in a couple of seconds, well he took my doubts and demolished them in just a moment. Who knew, that the shorty who wasn't so short anymore would be who I fell in love with.

A/N: http://www.polyvore.com/central_ball/collection?id=5426102 

That's the link for all of their outfits, enjoy