Reapers ~3~

"Get some rest and we'll monitor you." The doctor smiled down at me after I explained what happened, she did an ultrasound to make sure I miscarried and it wasn't just something wrong and I cried. A lot.

Clarke ripped the stitches on her arm so she could get in here and we are both currently laying next the the burned man who isn't burned anymore. Weird.

The doctor exited and Clarke started to get up.

She stared shaking him and trying to wake him up then looked at his chest to see a tube that hooked him up to a pipe in the wall.

"Is that blood?" I asked.

She shrugged, "I don't know."

Then she looked around and saw a vent. The smile on her face proved to me that we'll soon be climbing through that. Yay.

"Help me get it off." Clarke said.

I did and we pulled it off, "Look Max, you just went through a lot and Monty might kill me if I get you in trouble so you can stay back if you want." Clarke offered.

"No, I'm okay Clarke. I can't help but feel that this place is off, we need to help out people and make it safe. I'm in, don't worry." I may not be emotionally prepared but trust me, my adrenaline is pumping and I need to make sure it's safe for Mon and Jasper. Those boys are all I've got now and nothing will happen to them.

~

"Max, max close your eyes." Clarke panicked.

I looked up when I exited the vent to see people strung upside down with tubes all throughout them.

"What is this? What the hell is this place?" I shrieked.

We heard moans from behind us so we turned around and saw cages full of people. Grounders I think.

They're all so weak and bloody and it just scared me.

Clarke walked to them but I didn't know what to do. I was shocked and frozen in place.

"Anya?" I heard Clarke speak. Then I also heard my name. But not from Clarke.

"Maxynn?"

I was suddenly unfrozen and by Xander's side in an instant.

"W-what is this? Are you okay. Oh my.." I held his hand through the cage but he barely gripped back, he's weak and scared.

Clarke started messing with the lock and trying to break Anya free.

I blocked everything out and just looked at Xander.

The young boy who helped me through so much, he saved my life and now he's locked up like an animal.

"Hey, I'm gonna get you out of here. You're gonna be okay." I whispered.

"You need to get out, you need to save your baby." He muttered, obviously too weak and hurt to speak up.

I shook my head and looked down, "She's gone Xander. I lost her. It doesn't matter though, I need to help you."

I used my free hand to jiggle the lock.

"I'm sorry Max, you would've make a great mother. You will one day." He smiled the best he could.

I heard Clarke get the lock off Anya's cage and run over to me.

"Back up." She stuck the pipe into the lock and tried to break it off.

Before she could, the door began to open so she pulled me with her and we got into Anya's cage and closed it.