Lexa's Taste Tester ~8~

Raven and I ran down to be with Finn's body.

Finns body.. I never pictured the day I'd out live my big brother.

Yet here I am, crying over a corpse with the girl I hated my whole life, however she's the only person I'd wanna be with at a time like this.

Raven is my sister. I didn't see that before but I do now. She has no family left and now neither do I. She's all I have.

"Go away." I whispered when Clarke approached us.

"Max, Raven, I'm sorry."

"She said go away!" Raven jumped up and yelled at Clarke.

"I know how hard this must be for you, for you both," Clarke glanced to me, "But I'm leaving with the grounders and I need you to keep working on the radio."

"What are you doing?" I panicked when grounders grabbed Finn. I punched on and another grabbed me from behind.

"What are you doing?!" Raven cried, "Get off her!"

"Stop it, please!" I begged, too weak to fight with the grounder.

"They need to do this, give us a minute. Please." Clarke spoke to the grounders and they let me go. I walked over to Raven and grabbed her hand. She squeezed it reassuringly.

"Raven, Max-"

"You agreed to this?" I let another tear slip when I realized how much Clarke has done.

"We're taking him back to where the massacre took place. There's a death ritual. It's the only way to get our people out of Mount Weather."

"Then we're coming too." I straightened up.

"Don't worry, I'll bring your damn radio!" Raven sneered through gritted teeth.

~

We walked all day and stopped to rest for the night. There are separate sides where we set up. A grounder side and a sky person side.

I was a little hurt when Clarke set up camp on the grounder side and Bellamy chose to watch over her, afraid the grounders would try something on her.

Although I guess I can't really be hurt because I chose not to speak to him all day, I haven't really spoken since they took Finn.

I also don't plan on getting sleep tonight because everytime I close my eyes, I see him. Him when he was younger, when he was making my toys by hand, stitching my clothes when I accidentally ripped them. It still doesn't feel real.

~

When we got to the village, they asked that we disarm before entering. All I had was murphys knife. I held onto it when we banished him and never got around to giving it back. Part of me doesn't want to.

They took probably 10 to 15 weapons off Raven and I couldn't help a small smile forming on my lips. Not anything anyone would notice, just something to myself because that girl is something.

The same grounder that took all of Ravens knives patted me down and I could feel the dirty look Bellamy was giving him.

When he finished, Gustus said something in their language to Lexa and they let us through.

People started yelling at us and the women looked scared. I feel bad for what Finn did but he wasn't in the right state of mind. They've killed our people in cold blood before. We never asked them to kill one of their own for a truce.

Bellamy slowed down and grabbed my hand. If I wasn't so stiff, I'd shake his hand off. It makes me look weak, like I need someone to hold my hand through everything. Maybe that's why I've been avoiding him, maybe not.