Chapter 8: I'm Only Forced To Do This

School and finals are finally over! Now I can update this story! I will update every Tuesday and Friday so look forward to it!

Chocolat flew around the area surrounding the lake whilst she waited for Kashino to clear his head. She was currently just lazing around in the wind, but deep in thought.

Something was definitely wrong with the boy. Who would believe that story he just told her? It was not realistic or in any way logical. Had he hit his head during the attack?

Chocolat sighed. She knew that ever since Ichigo died things between the team seemed to fall apart. They were not as engaged as they used to be and there would even be times where they never spoke at all. At one point they stopped opening up to one another.

Ichigo was the one that brought the boys together. She kept them all together like glue and that is what helped strengthen their relationship. Now...all that just....disappeared.

Chocolat sighed and decided to fly back to where she left Kashino. She really hoped that he was okay. Being in an event like that can really get to some people.

Chocolat approached the lake where she had conversed with the young pâtisièr. She neared the spot but was shocked to see that he was longer sitting there. Did Chocolat not believing him upset him? No, Kashino wasn't that like. But he had been acting weird lately.

"Kashino?" Chocolat called out. No response. "Kashino!" She yelled louder. Still silence.

Chocolat blinked. What the heck? Had he left?

Urrrgh that kid, now I have to look for him! Chocolat growled in her head.

Chocolat began to fly around the school looking for the golden haired teen. She searched the library, gazebo, the Café, and even the kitchen, but he was not anywhere.

Chocolat frowned. He wasn't hiding from her, was he? She shook her head. Kashino wouldn't do something that low. The only place she hadn't checked was his dorm.

Chocolat flew towards the boys dormitories, only expecting him to be there. But in all seriousness, she was a bit concerned about the young chocolatier's behavior. He was acting like a different person. Well, he still had that stoic and grumpy expression but Chocolat could see it in his actions that he wasn't himself.

Chocolat approached Kashino's dorm room and opened it wide. It was neat and tidy but also empty. Since Hanabusa quit school it was just Kashino which left a lonely feeling in the room.

Chocolat looked around the room but she did not see the blond. The Sweet Spirt frowned.

Chocolat flew towards the bathroom and pressed her ear to the door. She learned from her last experience to not barge into Kashino's bathroom without making sure first. There was no sound of running water, or any noise for that matter.

Chocolat knocked on the door. "Kashino?" She called out. No reply.

Chocolat flew lower to the door handle. She shut her eyes and tried the handle. It was unlocked.

Keeping her eyes closed she opened the door. She called out Kashino's name one more time but still received silence. She opened her eyes. No Kashino.

Chocolat huffed. Where in the world was he?!

********

"Caneton! Stop moping and get up!" Ètienne called somewhere on the second floor.

Kashino stood patiently next to the Commander as they waited for the two soldiers' leader. Kashino was still pissed that he would be forced to stay in this place against his will, but he did know for sure that there was no way he would be able to escape so he couldn't really resist being here.