Chaper 11: Our Job Is Tough

Sorry if I made Ichigo seem a bit emo in the last chapter. I promise it is only a one time thing. But let's be honest that even the happiest people have dark thoughts sometimes

"He's missing again?!"

The raven haired lad shouted in shock. Andou Sennosuke held the phone up to his ear, almost dropping it just a second ago. He had visited St. Marie's Academy just yesterday, and now he was receiving a phone call saying that Kashino Makoto had dissappeared for the second time in one week.

"No, he is not with me."

The call soon ended after the news was delivered and Andou stood completely frozen. Of course it was strange and suspicious to hear what he just heard, but at the same time he was obviously worried. Since their time in France came to a close, Kashino had been acting very strange.

He was quite concerned for his friend and his unfamiliar behavior the past few days, plus another traumatizing public attack definitely was a lot to take in, not just for Kashino but Andou too.

The phone rang again and Andou snapped from his thoughts. He saw that the caller ID was from Hanabusa. Andou let out a deep breath before excepting the call.

"Hey, Andou. Did you hear what's up?" The green haired lad's voice spoke out of the phone.

Andou sighed, "Yes, I did."

"It's all kind of surreal, if you think about it" Hanabusa followed up. "Actually, I want to say impossible but it happened so...."

"I just want to know what's going on." Andou answered, "If Ma-kun is just upset or shocked then he is probably just clearing his head. No need to worry too much. He wouldn't miss a minute of school. He'll show up."

"Are you sure?" Hanabusa asked, "Something doesn't seem right."

"Yeah well, there isn't really anything we can do since it doesn't concern us. We weren't at the attack and we don't know where he is." Andou explained.

"But aren't you going to do anything? I tried his cell phone but it went straight to voice mail so it must be off. Why would he turn it off?" Hanabusa said.

Andou shook his head and ran a hand through his hair, "That kid is just too complicated."

"Why don't you visit his family?" Hanabusa suggested.

Andou bit his lip, "That probably isn't a good idea. His parents would be more angry than worried."

"Why not his sister?"

She was different from her parents yes, but she still had expectations for Kashino. Andou wasn't sure how she would feel but he still felt he shouldn't go.

"Maybe." Andou answered.

"Well you better make up your mind soon. Anyways I need to get back to work, I'll call you some other time." Hanabusa said and hung up after.

Andou put down his phone and let out a long, exaggerated breath. Using his index finger and thumb he pinched the bone beneath his eyebrows.

Of course he was concerned--more than worried, since nothing added up. He wanted this whole problem to just go away and out of his life. After the first attack, he had felt dead inside. Close to possibly dying while losing a friend he cared about a lot took a toll on his mentality. He was not ready to lose another friend.

"Andou?" A little voice called out.

Andou's Sweet Spirit, Caramel, entered the kitchen holding her spoon. She landed on the counter top on her knees looking up at her partner.