Chapter 16: The Real Thoughts

To make up for not updating in a few weeks, I made this an interesting chapter ;)

This couldn't get anymore awkward.

Well, what would make this less awkward would be if Kashino would just apologize- is what Ichigo felt.

He is the one who is angry without hearing an explanation, so whatever was to happen next would be up to him.

Ichigo hoped that Kashino wouldn't ruin her day just by being a stubborn nuisance. If she was going to take a day off then she was going to spend it however she wanted.

Ichigo let go of deciding where the both of them could go and began walking to where she had originally planned- a restaurant.

She could hear Kashino's footsteps behind her, but he was not saying anything.

Well maybe this is good, I can have a peaceful day for myself, Ichigo thought.

But this was going to be one heck of an awkward day unless they addresses the issue, she knew that.

Ichigo continued her way to the restaurant which was French cuisine. Ever since A.L.I.E.N. created their Japanese branch, occasional French people would be sent over. The French restaurant was a small way of making them feel comfortable.

Ichigo sat at a booth near the back and Kashino trailed behind her, sitting on the opposite side of the table. He was avoiding her gaze, but Ichigo took a quick glance at his face.

He didn't seem to look mad or upset, and instead he looked deep in thought. If only she knew what he was thinking.

She knew he was stubborn when it came to their fights, and if this was going to go anywhere then someone would have to addresses the issue soon.

"It's not because I didn't want you to know," Ichigo blurted and Kashino looked at her. He raised and eyebrow as if he didn't believe her.

"Did you really think that a government-run organization could give away their secrets to an ordinary person?" Ichigo finished.

"It did not concern you, so you did not need to know-"

"It's not about that." Kashino interrupted, "Of course I know how secretive and selfish government can be, but I'm talking about you.

"You don't need to tell me what the mission is about, but you could have at least told me what kind of situation you were getting yourself into that your team came back look all beaten up."

"Hold up!" Ichigo spoke, trying not to be too loud, "We weren't suppose-"

A waiter walked up to them, interrupting Ichigo. Ichigo quickly opened up the menu and ordered her food, and Kashino didn't ask for anything. It was technically Ichigo's "second lunch".

"You weren't suppose to what?" Kashino said after the waiter left. His eyes were looking more scary after each second.

"It wasn't suppose to be a combat mission when we first organized it." Ichigo answered. The truth was about to come out. But she wasn't allowed to tell him the details of the mission. She was hoping he would understand.

"So?" Kashino urged.

"Don't be pushy!" Ichigo pouted, "I mean, it wasn't really an ambush but I guys that the closest thing I can use to describe it."

"Ambush?" Kashino questioned.

Ichigo could see in the look in his eye that he was most likely going to ask for details.

"It was just one!" Ichigo said quickly, "Kashino look, I'm sorry but I can't tell you anymore about the mission from last week!"

Kashino sighed, "I get it. Just wanted to know why you didn't tell me more about your job and what you get yourself into."