Chapter 2

You stood, patiently, waiting for your luggage to come into view at baggage claim. It had been a long flight and all you wanted to do was sleep, or at least sit comfortably without a baby crying or someone kicking your seat from behind you.

The company you work for had insisted that since they were paying for your first month of stay at Paris, you had to pay for your own flight and shipment, so you had gotten a seat in economy class as well as a flight in the middle of the night, as a result of you trying to be thrifty.

So here you were, at the crack of dawn, in a crowded airport, trying to make it out without losing consciousness. As soon as your last suitcase came into view, you grabbed it and lugged it onto your cart, pushing it out at your own pace.

The rest of the checkout took relatively less time and soon enough, you were out of the stuffy airport, taking a deep breath of, some much needed, fresh air.

The turn-out was very surprising since you hadn't expected any fans to come, at all, let alone at sunrise. It was flattering, to be honest, and you tried your best to flash an energetic smile and greet them happily when in reality, your muscles were crying.

According to the agency, there was a driver here to pick you up. You scanned the crowed, spotted the sign meant for you and pushed your heavy cart towards it, though your eyes bags were the heaviest. You made a move to load the luggage into the slick, black car but the driver had stopped you and you smiled gratefully before slipping into the backseat, buckling your seat belt and trying to blink away the sleep.

As much as you wanted to be snoozing, there was a certain responsibility when it came to your fans. If there were that many fans waiting at the airport, you didn't want to imagine how many were waiting, wide-awake or fighting sleep, for you to inform them about something.Just as the Eiffel Tower came into view, you switched on the camera.

"Hello my gamers," You smiled tiredly, "I finally landed and it's safe to tell you, no french guy has hit on me yet! But I really appreciate your welcoming party guys. I really wasn't expecting it, you should go home and rest, though, thank you for today."

You gently gazed at the tower though the window, "Oh, there's the Eiffel Tower! Um, it's a tower, I guess. I wanted to research about Paris but I'm really trying to learn the language first."

"Alright, so according to my schedule, I will be unpacking all this week and then starting school the next, at the start of the second semester."

You sighed, exhausted, "I'd love to tell you more, but I'm really tired from the trip. I'll see you all tomorrow, sleep well."

With that last remark, you had turned off the camera.

It turned out that you were living in an apartment building that was exclusively for gamers from this agency

It turned out that you were living in an apartment building that was exclusively for gamers from this agency. The driver had quickly shown you to your apartment, before hauling in your luggage and you threw yourself into your bed.

You didn't really recall when you woke up, all you knew is that it was dark outside and you didn't bother moving from your bed, instead opting to browse on your phone.

The week had been spent with receiving things from back home, putting them in their respective places and setting up your new home. The place was big, you'll admit, but it didn't make sense to you, who had 3 bedrooms when only one person was living in the house?

The place was unfamiliar and cold, it made you miss home, so you made sure to e-mail your mother and tell her you were thinking of her. She'd nag and tell you that she knew you were too young to move away, but you didn't really mind, she was going to do that whether you had sent it or not.

Slowly, the day that you had been dreading, yet inexplicably been waiting for had arrived. It was the first day of school.

The morning of school, you had tried to convince yourself not to go but in the end had ended up dragging yourself out of your warm bed and stepping into the bathroom, trying to wash away sleep from your face.

  "Hello, my gamers! It's the big day! Is my outfit too much? I spent a lot of time trying to figure out what to wear, I don't really know that trend here, though I love my necklace." You smiled and waved at the lens, "I'll see you all once I come back from school! Bye!" You ended the video and slung you backpack over your shoulders, slightly fearful but excited.