Chapter 29

You cringed so hard when you saw yourself make the speech about how Ladybug and him belonged together. Of course, you hadn't known at the time and so no one was to blame, but it didn't make it any less hard to watch. You felt like you were going to combust from embarrassment as all the heat rushed to your cheeks.

At the time, you thought you were being totally self-respecting and even thought that Chat truly loved Ladybug and the kiss proved it, but it had in fact confirmed his feelings for you. The guilt you felt was unbearable.

When you walked away however, you noticed Chat try to go after your past self and stopped him by grabbing his hand. He reacted immediately, harshly throwing your hand off him.

"Look, I don't know what just happened but I don't love you! I love her!" He said, pointing at your receding figure and your heart swelled. He really did love you.

He tried to follow after you once again, but you stopped him, holding up the pocket watch and he froze, eyes widening, "(Y/N)?"

"We need to talk."

.

.

"Ugh, I'm so sorry, I'm so so sorry. I'm such a horrible person." You muttered, hiding your face from him. Adrien had been so confused until you had explained everything to him, being able to comfortably sit in the open while you adorned Ladybug's costume.

After the two of you had handled Dark Cupid, Chat Noir had demanded an explanation from you and you agreed.

"It's not your fault." He muttered, but you could tell he was upset. Of course he was, because of you, he now had to pretend that he was the bad guy and stay away from the girl he loves. It was heartbreaking for you, you felt like you messed everything up. And you probably did.

For so long you had blamed everyone around you, Chat Noir, Ladybug, Hawkmoth and anyone else. When in reality it had all been your fault. You had ruined your own life.

"But it is, I was the one who started all this. I'm sorry I had to put you in this position." You sighed, resting your head on your knees.

"If you hadn't done something then Ladybug would've died today." He said from beside you and you nodded, the thought made you feel slightly better.

"I'm still sorry about making you feel like a horrible person when it was never your fault."

He nodded, as if saying it was okay, but you could tell her was still upset and you understood that. After all he would be forced to act like a horrible person to push the girl he loved towards another boy. Only then would the past repeat itself and the timeline would be straightened out.

"So, what now?"

"The same plan as before, I find Nathaniel and stop him before something bad happens to you." You spoke with a new found determination, clutching the watch in your hand.

"That doesn't sound like damsel in distress talk, kinda makes me obsolete."

You chuckled, "You're my damsel in distress now. I'll save you; I swear."

"I'll hold you to it." He said wistfully, staring up at the clouds in the sky and you smiled, looking up at them with him. The two of you were going to go through rough times in the near future, but at the present you could stare up at the clouds with him. You had all the time in the world.

.

When you had returned back to Marinette, she started sobbing at the sight of you, throwing her arms around you and quite pathetically sobbing into your neck and thanking you for being alive.