Chapter 2: Slone & Letizes

The next morning I got in the shower and did my hair, well I slapped it in a ponytail because curly nigga hair don't get straight, not real nigga that is. I put on the most shortest skirt I could find and a crop-top, then rushed downstairs to eat. De'Shawn was in the kitchen cooking so I knew I was gonna have to eat some cereal. "Where Mamma?" I asked watching him cook the eggs in the microwave. "Ion know, some guy came and picked her up earlier so she will be fine" he replied. "Well i'm gonna skip breakfast okay" I asked, "yea just be careful and remember what I told you" he yelled as I flung out the door. When I went outside to meet Kentino he wasn't there so I called Marco and asked him could he come over, but he said no and to meet him on Kimmers Street.

For a moment I was lost but then I seen the raggedy street sign and Marco sitting on top of a red sports car drinking and getting high. "Is this what you do all day?" I asked as his friends whistled at me. "This is only your second day in Bentonville you ain't seen nothing yet" he laughed passing the blunt to his friend. La'Shawn this is my main dude Rico" Marco smiled as me and Rico shook hands. I had got a text message from Kentino apologizing and asking where was I so he could come over. "Marco do you mind if I have a friend join us?" I asked, "Nope I don't mind" he replied throwing peanut shells at me. I texted Kentino the address and he said he was on his way. A little baby girl came running out of Marco's house, "Who is she, shes so cute? I asked. "This my baby sister Mimi, she 4" he replied.

A couple minutes later a dark black car was slowly pulling up. "I know that car Marco" his friend Rico shouted. "Yo La'Shawn who was your friend you called over?" he asked angrily, "This guy Kentino from the Apartments" I replied, "Letizes!" Marco shouted to his friends as the car came out of parking and sped up towards the house. Marco shoved me to the ground as gunshots rang in the air. All I could hear was Marco's screams echo through the air and his sister's crying. When the gun's stopped I quickly made my way off the ground over to where Marco and his friends were. Marco was crying, and his friends were staring blankly at the ground, his sister lay on the ground lifeless covered in blood. So many bullets went through her innocent body, and I couldn't understand why.

Marco jumped off the ground and stood in my face with a stern look. "Letizes turf!, Slone turf!" he shouted. "I told you we don't come on each other turf unless someone want blood shed, and you had Kentino come over and shoot my crib up, kill my Baby sis!" "Marco I didn't know he was a, you know, i'm sorry" I cried watching Marco's friends throw Mimi's body in the back of a truck. "Either you hang with me or you hang with them, you got to choose" he responded with fear in his voice. " I want to be both your friends Marco" I replied, "It don't work like that so if you walk out my yard without a answer you with him" he shouted. I didn't answer, I just stood quietly and so did his friends, they just looked at me.

I took two steps back which placed me out of his yard, he looked shocked or at least scared but not for him for me. "La'Shawn when I come for Kentino if you with him I kill you too" he laughed ferociously. "You're crazy!" I cried, "So is Kentino for coming over here and killing my sister and shooting up my crib, so when I come for him which I will don't get caught in the crossfire" he replied walking off onto his porch. My heart pounded and my blood got an adrenaline rush that I had never had before.I could hear sirens, I started running home and when I made my way through all the bustle of people standing in front of the apartments I came across Kentino. I ran straight to him and started pouncing him, I hit him as hard as I could, crying onto his shoulders. "La'Shawn chill, what the fuck wrong with you?" he shouted slinging me to the ground.

" You shot up Marco's place.. you killed his sister" I cried slumping down against the playground slide. "Man Ion know what you talkin bout" he laughed as he threw a rock into the small pond behind us. "Don't lie, cause I saw you, we saw you, I saw your car" I whimpered kicking him from the ground. "Okay so what, I shot up the place but I didn't kill anyone, you shouldn't be hanging with them rats anyways" he replied. "You killed a child!, Do you not understand that?!" I shouted. "We all gotta go some day" he grinned reaching out to help me off the ground. "I'm going to the police with this, you can't get away with it" I whispered under my breath. "Do you really think I'm going to let you do that? Do you think you'll live long enough to make it out that gate? You don't know who you're fucking with La'Shawn" he scoffed reaching for his gun which sat in the waist part of his pants. "You don't think Marco will tell the police about this?" I scoffed back stepping in his face.

He approached me back, looking down on me.."Well what did he do with that lifeless little body? he grinned rubbing my cheek. "I'm sure he threw it in the back of a pickup truck and it's off to be burned and tossed in the river" he smirked." He wouldn't do that, it's his sister" I said softly. "Well you don't know Marco, You don't know anything about us, and if you're going to hang with him let me know now" he replied brushing his fingers through my hair. I-I'm going to be with you" I blushed as he peck my forehead. I only chose to be with him because Kentino made me feel safe, and he had way more power over Marco.

Well you're going to have to fix your wardrobe if you rocking with us" he smiled in a easy grin. It was about 5:00pm and the mall was still open, Kentino took me to the mall and got me dressed in all black and even bought me a bandana. When we were leaving we ran into Marco who saw me and looked hurt, like his whole soul had been snatched out his body. He was with his crew, and Kentino's crew stood right behind us... Marco's was in a group of 3, Kentino was in a group of 5 if you count me.

"La'Shawn how could you?" Marco asked approaching me but Kentino covered me up. "Marco we still friends" I smiled sadly trying to come from behind Kentino but he shook his head no. "Bye Marco" I waved as Kentino, his friends and I exited the mall. By the time I got home my mother was passed out on the couch, drunk, smelling of sex and alcohol. "Look at little La'Shawn, she's reppin Letizes gang" De'Shawn laughed sarcasticly. "That's not funny I been through alot today" I groaned throwing myself onto the air matress. " I know, you done got a little girl shot, you choosing sides, and reppin the wrong crew" he scoffed. "How did you know all this?" I asked, "The streets talk, especially when there's a little pretty new nigga, mexican girl running around with nothing but boys" he giggled.

"Well it's not my fault.. I scoffed as I sent a text to marco telling him to meet me up on my apartment roof, that way no one would see him. 2 hours later as the sun started to set my friend Marco had arrived. "What do you want?" he asked as he layed on his back, with his arms behind his head. "I still want to be friends, maybe more, I really do like you already" I blushed. "But you chose Kentino La'Shawn and my crew ain't cool with that" he replied staring at my back side." But we can sneak around.. I-I'll tell you info on them, tell you all there secrets.. stuff like that" I whispered. "You'd do that? Knowing he will kill you if he catches you? That I'll kill you if you stab me in the back?" He scoffed

" I won't stab you in the back, I owe you anyways for paying for that food I stole" and we started to laugh. " Tomorrow Kentino is making a drop on West block, I don't know where that is or what the drop is but isn't that something you'd like to know? I asked "Yea it is, I'll handle it" he grinned sinisterly. Something in my gut told me to stop, that what I was doing was wrong, that I should leave both of them alone or just one. But I had been feeling Marco the moment he saved me in the pizza parlor. I stared at Marco as he lay so relaxed, he was smiling at the stars he look so calm, like he trusted me with his life.

Than all of a sudden a loud cock and click interrupted my train of thought. I felt something cold against the side of my end against my temple. It was a gun and the barrel was cold and the wind blew over me giving me chills of death. "Marco?" I whispered in complete fear that one move would make him pull the trigger. "Death can be a ugly yet beautiful thing La'Shawn" Marco replied turning the gun sideways. "You don't have the balls to kill me" I replied grabbing the gun and turning it on him. I had never held a gun before, only a play one. It was heavy and it felt cold but the trigger was soft. My heart went into my stomach as Marco approached me, I didn't know what he was going to do. "Shoot me" he whispered into my ear as he grabbed the barrel of the gun and placed it on his chest. Obviously this was a test, he only pulled the gun out on me to see how much fear he could inflict on me. I cocked the gun once more and put my finger on the trigger..than a loud shot rang off. Marco jumped in absolute fear, even though I had not shot him, I shot into the air.

Marco took the gun out of my hand and emptied the clip of his revolver which had no bullets. There was only 1 in the clip, the one I fired off. He smiled at me and tossed me the gun, I didn't understand his actions but I picked the gun up. He began to walk away and glanced back at me, this time my gut was telling me to stay away from Marco, not to trust him, that his brain was just as sick as Kentino, that they were basically on the same team, like we were playing monkey in the middle.

As night began to fall I climbed back down from the roof and walked to the park. I sat in the swing and began to think about everything. I barely spent time at home since I moved here. I couldn't quite figure out Marco and Kentino,they filled me with fear of death and extermination. But when I started to think about Kelly and Ernie, I thought about what De'Shawn said, and it kept replaying in the back of my head.