Chapter 6: Truth Be Told

I sat in the room all morning just walking back and forth, pondering what I was going to say. I was kind of scared of Marco now then I remembered the text I got, I didn't read it. I opened up the dresser to grab my phone but it wasn't there, I damn near tore the room apart looking for it. I went downstairs, moving the couch cushions, opening all the drawers. Then Marco came into the kitchen holding it. "Looking for this?" he smiled.

"Um yea, I thought I had it upstairs, how'd you get it?" I laughed sarcastically. "I found it in the bathroom on the toilet lid actually" he replied handing it to me then snatching it away. "Your so funny" I smiled scrolling through my notifications. The text I got last night was no longer there. Marco was walking out the front door when I looked up again, "Marco did you happen to delete a text by accident" I asked chuckling. "No the phone was off when I picked it up, but anyways I'm going out" he replied slamming the front door.

I waited till after he left to go back to the Bronze Apartments. I don't know why but I felt a need to see Kentino and Ne'Shawn. They were outside at the park when I got there. "La'Shawn I texted you so many times why didn't you reply?" Kentino asked shaking me. " I didn't get a text" I replied showing him my phone. He showed me his, in his phone he texted me 8 times. "La'Shawn have you spoken to Marco" Ne'Shawn asked swinging in the swing.

"I live with him Ne'Shawn, I see him all day" I replied. "Rico's missing" Kentino butted in. I acted like I was shocked, I wasn't going to tell them what I saw. "Missing how?" I asked, "We don't know, but we found his bloody jacket outside the Bronze" Ne'Shawn replied. "Yea like if someone was trying to make it look like we done it, start another war" Kentino said shaking his head. "Well I don't know anything about it, I don't even know why I came here" I replied.

"You're here because I'm your brother and you know you wanna be close to me again and you got a thing for Kentino" Ne'Shawn smiled. "Wrong and Wrong" I replied turning to leave. "Okay maybe I'm wrong but you need to stay away from Marco, he's bad news baby sis" Ne'Shawn said. "Your brother's right, if you're not going to listen to me, at least believe him, he's crazy, he killed his sister" Kentino whispered. "No you kilt his sister" I replied shoving my finger in his face.

"No I didn't La'Shawn, I only wanted to scare him" he replied. "He's telling the truth, I was in the car" Ne'Shawn said getting out the swing.

"If that's true tell me what happened, how'd he shoot her if he was on the ground with me" I replied in anger. "Okay", Kentino said, "We were in park down the street... The car took off , there were four of us in the car. 2 in the front and 2 in the back, when we got close to the house we shot all our rounds into the air. That's when we saw Rico and Marco tell everyone to get down. Rico was still standing up shooting back at us, Marco shoved you to the ground and sat on his knees with one hand on your back. He was shooting back at us too, his sister came running down the steps so we stopped shooting.

Rico and Marco had stopped shooting once our car sped off, but we could see what Marco did. She stood in front of Marco crying and he looked pissed bro because he pulled the trigger and we could hear 2 more shots, Mimi was alive when we left so that's how I know we didn't do it.

Once Kentino and Ne'Shawn stopped telling the story I was baffled. Half of what they explained was on point right down to the hand on my back. "And if there's anything the Slone & Letizes agreed on was we don't kill innocents and we definitely don't kill females" Kentino added. "Why would he kill her?" I replied. "Marco was tired of taking care of her, he's 17, he wants to live, not babysit" Ne'Shawn smirked.

"I can't handle this" I replied leaving the park. "Just stay away from him !" Ne'Shawn shouted. "Yea don't let him catch you in a vulnerable moment " Kentino added as I waved them off. When I exited the Bronze Apartments Marco was parked right outside. "Marco what are you doing here!?" I exclaimed as he let down the window. "Get in" he replied in a serious tone.