Kido X Kano

Kido POV

     The HQ is buzzing and alive with activity. I'm not too excited about my power, but that's just me. I meander over to Kano where he's staring at the wall with a stupid grin on his face. I see. He got Hibiya's power at last.

     "Oi!" I say, whacking him round the head, "What're you looking at?"

     He spins round, rubbing where I just hit him. "N-N-Nothing!" I raise an eyebrow. "Honest!~" He reasures. I can't believe that.

     "Anyway, don't go sneaking in my room," I say. He looks too sheepish. "WHAT??"

     He fails to contain his chuckling. I pinch him hard. "What did you see??"

     "Fufufufu~" I pinch harder, "Ow ow! Yo-your f-frilly skirt." I hit him so hard he catapults into the sofa. Even though he hit his head on the edge, he still manages to laugh at me.

      I sit down next to him. The sniggering, air-headed mess. Really, how childish can he be? It is true, though. I try to hide it. It comes from when I still lived with my family. All I need to do is hide it from everyone else. And threaten him to not tell anyone. Not a soul.

     He's still laughing. It gets on my nerves. "Ha! You want to disappear, don't you?!" I look down at my shoes with the heat rising in my face. "You'll have to wa-" I side-kick him so he flies to the other side of the sofa. There he continues to mock me.

     Then I come aware of my new power. Thanks, Marry. So with one red-eyed glance, I freeze him mid-howl. Didn't think of that now, did he? As I'm feeling proud of my success, I look over to him face, frozen in a idiotic snicker. It feels weird not seeing him talking. Can he still hear me if I talk?

     "Hey." I say, "Guess I'll still talk to you then. You hungry? Oh yeah. Ignore that. You can't answer, can you? Heh... You need to stop annoying people or you'll get in it. I'm sure it's not too nice to be frozen. Or punched in the stomach, but, you know, you seem to be almost immune to that, the amount of times I've done that to you. Heheh..." I laugh sadly to myself. Is he still listening or am I speaking to myself? I must sound weird. Maybe he's secretly mocking me.

     Suddenly, I swear I see his mouth twitch. I move closer to inspect him. Even his eyes are stock-still. It's kind of creepy. I'm still looking at him and don't realise he unfreezes. And when he does, his lips touch mine. Eh??! I glow so red I probably can be seen from space. He reaches his hand up to touch my face. Panicking, I grab it and twist it round behind his back, in an armlock. He's hollering for mercy now. Ha!

     "WHAT THE HELL!?" I scream. Everyone looks at us, but it's nothing new, so they return back to what they were doing. Luckily, they didn't see the bit before that. I'm absolutely furious with him. And still he manages to smile. He says sorry, but he always does. He doesn't explain why.

     But this smile is different this time. He's oddly silent after that. I wonder why.