Ene X Konoha

Takane POV

     So I have to stay in my body the WHOLE DAY?! This is more like punishment! Even though I can touch things and eat and sleep, etc... people keep getting in the way, and then I start an argument. Life is much more chilled out in the electronic world. That's why I'm angry at Hibiya, who now has my power, the lucky beggar. I want to say "Give me my damn power back, stupid child!" when he comes into my phone but instead I say "How's it feel to be a cyber-guy?" with a harsh smile that is 100% fake.

     When he leaves me alone, I wander over to where Haru-- I mean, Konoha is sitting, leaning against a coffee table. He's changed a lot but he still kept his love for food. Urgh... So what's he doing with his new power? He's eating his favourite foods so he can remember the taste. Yup, that's right, he's got Goshujin's power. Wait... that's not right... I'm Takane now! He doesn't control me anymore! Anyway...

     Suprisingly, he's using it worse than Shintaro usually does. At least he's happy. Shintaro never is when he remembers things. (But, then it means he's using it better... AARGH! I make no sense!) So yeah, I sit by him and he only pays attention to the food. Typical!

     "Oh, hi, Takane!" He says eventually, and something reminds me of his old self.

     "Finally, you realised I was here! You never ignored me before!" I don't know what spurred me to say that.

     "...Before...?" He mutters.

     "You really don't remember ANYTHING, do you?!" I shout, standing up.

     "But I don't know how to!" He excuses.

      Then I remember the power I was given today. It's the perfect thing.

      You see, I got Ayano-chan's power: to invoke thoughts, feelings and memories into people. That's it. Memories.

     "All right," I say quieter, "I'll show you." My eyes flash red.

     "Huh--" He starts but then when he sees the school, the classroom we both sat in before, he stops, "Where are we?" His face shows wonder.

     I face-palm. "This is the classroom we used to sit in. We had to take supplementary classes because I was thick and you missed out on a lot of days with your illness."

     The bodies of me and him walk in. "Ooh! That's you. But..." He points at his figure, "Who's that?"

     "That's you," I say, "In your old body. Your name was Haruka." It hurts my heart to say. Haruka.

     "Oh... Haruka..."

     Then Mr Tateyama enters, fashionably late. I answer Konoha without him even asking. "That's Mr Tateyama. Our teacher. Also Ayano's dad." His face changes to understanding.

     Next, it shows Haruka when he collapsed at school. That fateful day. I keep my eyes on the image, not looking to see Konoha's reaction. Maybe he doesn't understand what's going on.

     When he sees Haruka in hospital, maybe he does. I hear a gasp from him and a fade in his face. I feel tears prickling in my eyes. I won't cry now. It's in the past.

     "This is when we both die."

     "Oh..." He looks at me running desperately in the corridors. Tears run down his face, my past self's face and my onlooking one. I promised myself I wouldn't cry.

     "Haruka... I lo-" I cut the memory as if it's a film. I won't let him see me say that. I won't.

     Then we're back in the HQ and I look beside me. The memories took a lot out of him. Tears - big, gushing, emotional tears - are streaming down from his pink and open eyes. They spill onto his gamer-like clothing. Then, he turns round to me... and clutches onto my cardigan. He cries onto my shoulder, shaking and weeping like a child. I keep him there and comfort him. Normally, I would punch him in the stomach but I can't see for all the water in my eyes.