Chapter 2: Future-y Invention

- Marinette's P.O.V -

Once we arrived, we quickly decide of what treats we should bring. Nino suggest a milk and he just let me think of what kind of cookies I should bake. Alya suggest a crossoints and hot choco with a cream on top. We all totally agreed at her suggestion as I asked Adrien if what does he suggest. He thought of it for a minute, then he suddenly suggested cupcakes. I smiled and nodded at him as I put all their suggestion on my list.

Suddenly, Mom arrived at the kitchen and asked us. Alya explained about the Pajama party as she only nodded her head. Just then, she went at the book shelf and took out an old box, which is dusty and uncleaned.

She hand it over to me as I opened the box and inside we saw a pillow gun, arm pads and goggles. Huh?

"Mom what is this?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"This things were invented by your grand father when he was only 20 years old. He entered the 'game inventors' and actually designed this." Mom pointed the old stuff with her finger. The others looked stunned at the statement.

"Those were Pillow guns, and the oval thing is the life pads, and this is the goggles. For safety." Mom pointed each of the inventions as Nino, Alya and Adrien grabbed each one.

When the box was empty, my eyes caught the attention of the the ocean blue colored cube sitting at the corner. I slowly picked it up and looked deeply at it.

"Uh, mom what's this cube?" I asked her, who only smiled.

"It's the game programmer. This invention might be fun for your pajama party. Because this kind of invention is made for having a pillow fight, but more future-y." My mom explained. We all looked at her confused say she has to explain more.

"Okay, let me have that cube." She said as I handed her the blue cube.

Mom only smiled then gently tapped the cube as it emits bright light. We all looked at it jaw dropped but mostly amused by the invention. Suddenly, the cube scanned the life pads, pillow guns and goggles then all of it disappeared.

"Where did all the gears go?" Asked Alya, who is wondering around.

"All those gears are now inside the cube." Mom replied.

She then slowly lets go of the cube as it started floating in mid-air. Nino ran his hand under the floating cube, inspecting if it's all a lie. Then he felt nothing under it, which shocked him along with Adrien, me and Alya.

"Gather around." Mom said. We all surround the cube.

"Hello! Welcome to the pillow fight game program! Welcome back, Mr. Cheng!" A female monotone voice said. We all looked around and wondered who's voice is that. Then suddenly, we looked at the cube floating in front of us and realized something.

"Hello, Victoria. This is me Sabine Cheng." Mom said politely as the cube, which where the voice is.

"Hello, Sabine, welcome back to the program." Replied the voice, which is Victoria, I think?

"Wait, Program?" We all asked, eyes-wide at mom.

"I was the one who designed the gears as Your grand father was the one who invent them and set the gaming system." Mom replied, facing us as our faces were all stunned and eyes-wide.

"So, you father and daughter both designed the pillow fight program?" Adrien asked taking a slight step forward. "Cool!"

"Victoria, this is my daughter: Marinette along with her friends Alya, Adrien and Nino." Mom said, represnting me and my friends to Victoria.