Chapter 8: The Sing Off (Part 2)

-Marinette-

I'm next. I thought nervously as small drop of sweet slid down my temple. What am I going to do now? I thought again while looking  around for things to help me or something.

I stared at everyone who seems to be looking on who is going to sing next. I even saw Adrien took a glance on his paper and only saw that he'll be singing after me. I avoided Alya's look as she narrowed her eyes at me, like she knows that I'm next which I'll deny.

I don't want to sing! I can't sing!

"Hey, Mari. What number did you get?" Adrien suddenly asked me which cause me to jump in surprise but quick recover and faced him with a red face.

He just called me Mari. I thought with a silent squeal as my face became redder than before.

"Uhm- ah, ha ha . . . I-I, uh . . ." I stuttered, not really thinking of a way to avoid his question.

"Again, Who got the number three?" Nino called out again but only receives a few murmurs, which cause him to face palm.

Then I suddenly felt Alya's present behind me which cause me to be nervous again. Argh!

"Hey, Marinette, what number did you get?" Alya asked, her eyes looking deeply in my blue bell eyes which cause for Marinette to glance at her friend nervously as she quickly hid her paper.

"I- I got f-five." I stuttered meekly which confused Alya.

"But I got number five." Alya pointed out. My eyes widened in surprise. Alya suddenly grab hold of my paper and read it with her eyes immediately shining in excitement.

"Marinette is next!" Alya exclaimed as she grabbed hold of my arms and dragged her back stage. I just keep whining and struggling on Alya's hold who happened to be strong enough to hold me, much to my surprise.

I just heard the others cheered for me.

I looked around then gave Adrien a  pleading look. "Help me!" I mouthed at the blonde boy who only chuckled, which cause me to give him a slight glare, despite my blushing.

"Alya, I can't sing!" I said once again as we reached the back stage.

"Nonsense! I already heard you sing." Alya said before she started grabbing a few costumes in the chest while I stared at Alya in  shock.

"You. . . WHAT?!" I shouted in shock. Oh, no!

"It's nothing. Your secret's safe with me if you sing a song out there." Alya said as she pointed her finger at the stage.

"But that's like showing my secret at all. Then it'll never be safe with you because they already know." I pointed out with these crazy hand gestures but Alya ignored it.

"That's the whole point." Alya shot back.

I was left there standing and deciding about her condition, my eyes were close before I opened them once again and stared at Alya who looked expectant. I sigh.

"Alright." I said in defeat which cause Alya to squeal in delight.

"Now, what song did you get?" She asked again as she prepared a celebrity costumes on the table.

I unfolded my paper and read it out loud for her to hear.

"I'm Gold by Victoria Justice." I said. She chuckled then grabbed a dress for me to wear.

"The song is perfect for you to sing and for the boys out there to hear it." Alya said, which confused me. I know the song but I didn't really let myself focus on the lyrics.