The New Guy

Cali's POV

I woke up the next morning with a raging hangover as the light from the slightly open blinds reflected onto my face. 

''Cali you gotta wake up'' said a voice that in my opinion was way too loud for a saturday morning.

''I don't mean to be rude but could you please fuck off'' I replied as the voice that was infiltrating my sleep became distincitvely more familiar by the second.

''Haha no chance Cisco'' he replied jokingly.

''Johnny leave my room at once'' I said definitively as I rolled over pulling the covers on top of my head.

''Cali if you don't wake up I'm gonna start singing the song from your favorite scene of ''Annie Get Your Gun'' he replied amused as I looked up at him through the covers.

''You wouldn't dare'' I said slowly as he opened his mouth and sung ''THERE'S NO BUISNESS LIKE SHOW BUISNESS THERE'S NO BUISNESS I KNOW'' he belted out as I shot out from underneath my covers in shock.

''Really, was that neccesary?'' I asked angrily as I stood up from the bed.

''Missed you Cisco '' he replied grinning as he tugged at my shirt, pulling me into a bear hug.

''Too much talking'' I mumbled, as I wrapped my arms around his neck.

I guess I should back up a little. Johnny is my best friend, and not in a gay way, or ''he secretly loves me way'', just a best friend. Purely platonic. He invented the nickname 'Cisco'' when we were 12, and much to his delight, I hated it. My parent's named me after California (which is my full name), as I was born there. California, San Francisco, Cisco, you get my drift. Anyway he was my best friend, and I loved him, except when he barged into my room and started singing. Then I wanted to rip his balls off.

''Christ Cisco, you need to lay off the alchohol'' he commented as he sat down on my bed, pulling me onto his lap. 

''It was Scott's birthday yesterday'' I replied dryly as I rested my head on his extremely defined chest.

''Ugh'' he commented as he rested his hand on my hair, ''honestly Cal he's such a douchebag why are you with him?''

''Because he thinks I'm beautiful'' I replied quietly.

''So does everyone'' Johnny laughed as he rested his other hand on my leg.

It was at that moment that Mark barged into my room, without knocking, might I add.

''Can I help you?'' I asked rudely as he stopped and stared at us in shock.

''Well well, I'm sure Scott would love this'' he replied trying to keep a light tone, though the expression on his face told another story.

''I'm not her boyfriend man, best friend, my name's Johnny, and you must be Mark'' Johnny said calmly as he lightly pushed me off and stood up to shake Mark's hand.

Mark looked confused from Johhny, to me, to the hand Johnny had extended towards Mark. After about half a minute of thinking, he gingerly took the hand.

''Good to meet you man, sorry Cali I'll knock next time'' Mark said quietly much to my suprise, as turned and left.

''Wait, Mark'' I called out as I stepped into the hallway.

''Sorry, Cal, I didn't realise you had company'' he said as he stepped into his room.

''No Mark it's not like that we really are just friends'' I argued desperately.

''Look Cali you don't have to explain anything to me ok?'' He replied definitively.

''Yea you're right, sorry I bothered'' I replied angrily before slamming the door shut.