Part 4

"Hmm, Garnet went on a mission to this volcano, and Pearl and Steven... I don't know, they just left somewhere accessible by warp pad."

(Note: Some secret place that belonged to Rose Quartz and is inherited by Steven, who still doesn't know it. Idek anymore)

"Oh, okay," Amethyst replied. "So how's Minecraft? Studied it well?" She asked, reaching for another cookie.

"IT'S REALLY AGGRAVATING!" Peridot complained, throwing up her hands in the air and startling Amethyst. "I have been tediously tiring my touch stumps because of this during the past 12 hours. Thus, I have accepted your invitation to stop for a while." Amethyst nodded. "On the contrary, it is challenging, stimulating, and enjoyable. And at the same time, I have sufficiently studied it. Every button I pressed led to an immediate subsequent reaction. It's actually easier to study! Unlike other things..."

"Like what?" Amethyst questioned curiously. Peridot stared blankly at her, then sighed.

"One of the things I like about studying this game is that it is a responsive software that can easily be interpreted. I press A, I jump. It doesn't take much to make that inference. But in real life, and based on my observations so far, I'm dealing with real, living, breathing organisms, and despite the calculations I come up with, it's harder!" Peridot explained.

"Um, what's your point?" Amethyst asked.

"My point is..." Peridot paused, "it's harder to make absolute inferences and conclusions that quickly when not dealing with things like these games. Sure, I pushed a human off of a roof and that made for a good study result, but the thing is, there are other things I try to study. Things like, feelings. And these feelings are... a bit perplexing to diagnose in others and study." Amethyst stared at her, holding a cookie.