Part 6

"I admit it! I like her, I know, and it's been a long time since I've chosen to! I know this sounds weirder than the movies that Steven watches, but I'm saying that it's somehow different. I don't just feel super giddy or like I'm electrocuted or like some butterflies- er, flying organisms, are in me. It just feels secure. I felt like a mistake all my life, and there were times when I wanted to just sleep- I mean, rest, to escape my problems, you know?" Peridot nodded, a glimmer of sympathy in her eyes. "It's just... Pearl. She changed my life. She taught me how to love myself, and because of that, I learned to love others, too. Sure, she's a neat freak and she could be annoying sometimes," Amethyst recalled, "but I accepted that. At the end of the day, there's the two of us. We're not perfect, but she inspires me to keep on trying and living, and I hope I can do the same for her. I'm happy, I'm thankful, I forgive her, I care, and can I help it if I find her attractive?" Peridot stifled a grin. "She's the one I can imagine having forever with. Okay, that sounds cheesy. But you know? I don't know how to explain it. Ugh. I love Pearl. And I haven't told her. That's all." Amethyst finished.

"Wow. You're a real... I don't know how to say it. You're... quite brave. At least you managed to share your thoughts. Believe me, I know it's hard." Amethyst smiled.

"Aw, thanks. Why? Got someone on your mind?" Amethyst asked excitedly.

"No I don't!" Peridot shrieked. Amethyst snickered softly. The former's cheeks turned a darker shade of green. "Okay, maybe I might've been mildly, shallowly infatuated with Lazuli, but that's beside the point. I was talking about emotions as a whole."

"Oh. Well, congrats to you too," Amethyst laughed. Peridot paused, pouted momentarily, and laughed.

"Anyway, I think you should tell Pearl you like her."

"What?! Oh, believe me, I tried," Amethyst said.

"No, really," Peridot insisted. "Look, I can't really tell if Pearl likes you too, and I'm not just doing it for my studies, but as a friend," she said slowly, "I just think you should tell her. And just think: why not?" Amethyst paused.

"Oh, alright." Peridot squealed. "I'll tell her," Amethyst said with as much bravery in her voice as she can muster. She saw the controller, lying forgotten. "And while we're waiting for her and Steven to come back, can I connect the second controller?" She asked.

"Wow, thanks! Help me fight off those clods and expand my base. And help me with some strategies because I SERIOUSLY KEEP DYING!"

"Sounds good."