Baz

After we were a short distance away from where Simon landed us, I finally let out an audible breath, I didn't realize I had been holding it.

The proximity to the Thames was making me uncomfortable. I will never be able to look at the river again without having the cabbie's face flash across my eyes. I shudder at the thought.

"Baz, what's wrong? Are you cold?" Simon asks, sounding worried. He must have seen me shudder. Why am I so open with my weakness?

"No, I'm fine. I was just thinking about the cabbie. We never even knew his name, and yet he tried to kill us."

"What about him do you think about so much?" he asks, he sounds like his magickal psychiatrist when he Skypes with her; I had talked to her on their last chat, to see if they could take a day off on Simon's birthday.

"I just keep remembering his face as we were falling towards the Thames. How he was looking at me. I'm not really sure how I feel about him. I'm not necessarily mad or angry at him, I mostly pity him."

"I will never forgive him. He tried to take you away from me. That is not something I can forget about so easily." he said with unexpected ferocity.

I take his hand and squeeze, as if to prove to him that I'm still real. That I'm still alive. "It's ok, Simon. I would never leave you." I say to him quietly.

We're silent for the rest of the walk to the aquarium, save for buying Simon a new shirt to replace the one his wings had destroyed. It's dark blue and baggy with 'I <3 London' on the front. I miss the polo.