Going Home?

I was sore and tired and I just wanted to go home. Razor said goodbye to me, he had some job he needed to go do. I wanted him to stay with me. I was still pretty shaken over the whole deal. 

"So was that one of penguins guys?" I asked the Joker as we sped back towards the house.

"Don't know"

"How big is this thing?" 

"Don't know". He seemed really tense. He seemed like he was in very deep thought.

"Well, the way that guy was talking, he made it seem as if  it was all of Gotham.."

No answer. I took that as a cue to stop talking. 

I just stared out the window. Watching my surrounding pass by in a blur. My heart still pounded. My anxiety was through the roof. I wanted to know what exactly was going on.

We got back to the house and we started to make our way to the house.

"So what exactly-" Joker turned around and punched me hard in the stomach. I fell to the ground.

"Shut up, Alaina".

He began to walk ahead.

"Thanks for saving me, Daddy" I whispered.

--

I tried to sleep but I really couldn't. I was scared. I jumped at every noise. I kept eyeing the colt Joker had given be that was laying next to me on my bed just incase. What if this whole attack on Joker happens. What if they kill him? What if they kill me?

I gave up on fighting the urge and slowly crept up to Joker's room. I cracked the door a bit and saw him asleep. He really did look tired. 

I tip-toed over to his bed and slowly began to crawl in. His satin sheets were cold against my feet. 

I pushed myself closer to him until my head rested on his shoulder. 

"Oh Alaina, what are you gonna do without me?" 

I buried my head in his shoulder. He switched positions to wrap his arms around me. I felt safe.

"I'm scared".

"Don't worry kid, I won't let em hurt ya" 

-- 

I woke up the next morning. Joker had already gotten up. I threw back the covers and stood up. The normal pain of hunger hit me, I've gotten pretty good at ignoring it. Hopefully we have something to eat. 

I walked down the hall to the living room where Joker was standing. In his hand was a black backpack.

"Morning".

He through me the bag.

"Pack your shit up." He said coldly

"Why?"

"You're going back to your mother's." 

TO BE CONTINUED