Moving On

Three months have passed. Things are actually starting to go really good. Joker has been super nice to me. Sure he shouts at me and slaps me around here or there, but who cares? Haven't heard from Razor. I'm kinda numb to the whole situation at this point. My life is so busy.  Joker has started to incorporate me more and more into the life. 

I was just coming to after a deep sleep. Sunlight was peering through my bedroom windows. I lay comfortably in my new king sized bed and satin sheets. This is when I heard the door leading upstairs open and foot steps walking down the steps. 

Joker.

"Hello, my princess." He chimed 

"Daddy".

"I have good news for you."

"Oh yeah?" I answered 

"We are moving back to the city. Things have calmed and I'm ready to get back to Gotham, I'm tired of living in this dump. It's time to show you how royalty of this city should be treated."

"Where will we go?" I asked excitedly 

"You'll see. Pack a bag of the necessities. Everything else will be left here. We will go to our new home tonight. But Daddy has a meeting, and I'd like to you with me."

"Me? You never have let me go to your meeting much before." I replied.

"Well, things are different. You seem ready to start being a part of this family, am I wrong?" He asked

"No Daddy". 

"Good, get packed, put on your best clothes. I want to leave within the hour." 

With that he walked up the stairs. 

I was suddenly so excited! I'm ready to be back in the city. What will our place look like I wonder?  So stoked. I quickly got up and started collecting my things. I only grabbed what was important to me. My knife, my necklace that razor got me, and my jacket. I really didn't care about anything else anymore. I looked at my clothes. Clothes I had bought when I first was with Joker looked so gross to me now. They were all target and all very childish. Joker now bought me things from Chanel and LV. He said it was important to him I hold up appearances. I got dressed in a Chanel pencil dress, nylons, my red bottom heels and a fur jacket that joker had given me. I did my hair and make up. Also strapped my gun to me, because you never know. 

I walked over to the mirror. I examined myself. I looked the part. I didn't look like a scared teenager. I looked like a crime lords daughter. Thats what I was and I am proud of that. 

I walked up the stairs for the last time and out the front door. Joker was leaning against a black SUV. He was wearing a silver jacket, black button down and black pants. Johnny was next to him with his hands together. 

"You look....beautiful". Joker said 

"Thank you." I replied. 

It was winter in Gotham and very cold. 

"You ready, Mr. J?" Johnny asked. 

Joker nodded.

He opened the door of the back of the SUV, Joker jumped in, and I fallowed. Johnny held out his arm  for my to use it to pull myself up. Everybody gives me such respect now. They fear me. Because of who I am. Who my father is. I love it.

--

We road to an old motel outside of Gotham. The Gotham mob ran the motel and Joker was one of the main bosses obviously, if not the lead boss. So they had their meeting here a lot. It was very private and secluded. All of the workers new better than to mutter a word about it. 

During the meeting, I sat at Joker's right hand next to Johnny. It was a lot of stuff I didn't understand. I made mental notes to ask Joker about later. They talked of different territories and the arms suppliers and drug dealers that worked under them. They believed that one of the dealers were making off the book sales and not giving Joker the money he was due. They decided that they would send somebody to...um....collect. In nice terms.. 

Most of the meeting went in one ear and out the other. I was too excited for our move. I was lost in thought then I heard my name. 

I looked up . "Yes, Daddy?".

"A man in the inner circle has been incarcerated. Theres rumors that he may confess to things that point fingers at your old man. What should I do? He's an ally and a dear friend but.."

He waited for my response. I already knew what he wanted me to say. I knew how things worked in the crime world when there was a possible rat. Joker takes snitches get stitches to a new level. 

"Well you could order a hit, and if he is a rat you should. But I imagine the GCPD and batman are watching very closely. They know you work together. So if there was a hit, signs would point to you. We just reached a point where we can head back to Gotham..why don't you go to his wife and child, and show him how important it is for him to keep his mouth shut. It will be harder to pin you. " 

a smile spread on Jokers face. He broke out in laughter. 

"See!" He threw his arms up in a grand gesture. "She is my daughter."

"I think she's right, boss. " Johnny chimed in.

"I think she is too. We'll send somebody to his place and CHECK on his wife and have her make him realize how important his silence is." Joker shouted. 

He walked over to me and leaned down and kissed me on the head. 

Yay. I'm such a good daughter

Can we go home now?

TO BE CONTINUED..