He Never Knew: A Draco Malfoy Love Story

Looking out through the window, I saw families all gathered around. They were exchanging goodbye's with their sons and daughters about to go to Hogwarts. One family caught my attention- A girl, looking about twelve or maybe even thirteen, kissing her mother goodbye. Their faces were identical, except one of them had freckles sprinkled all over and the other didn't. 

 The daughter was crying. Her eyes were red and puffy with tears building up at the corners, but she had her lips pressed tightly together to contain them. 

 The mother was smiling brightly, trying to cheer her up. You could almost make out what she was probably saying. Something along the lines of, "You'll come visit in the winter," and, "We'll write to each other every day."

 It's what any parent would do. Well, almost every parent. 

 Take my sister and dad, for example. They weren't even awake to tell me goodbye in the morning. Not that it bothers me. After years of being alone, you get it used to it. 

 I tear my eyes away from the small family when the daughter turns around to hop onto the train. Other Hogwarts students begin to get on the train, seeing as there's only a minute left until it leaves. 

 The mother that I had been staring at stood there, and waved goodbye as the train started its journey to Hogwarts. 

 Since there is absolutely nothing else to do, since I have no friends, I did the thing anyone in my position would have done. I got out a book, and read it. 

 I was pretty deep into the book, lost in the pages, wondering around in a new world made out of words. When suddenly an idiot burst into my compartment. 

 This idiot was tall for his age, he had blonde hair to go along with stormy grey eyes, and his face was making one of the oddest expressions I may have ever seen in my life. He could have been mad. Or about to throw up. 

 He muttered something under his breath, probably swearing at someone, and sat down. All without taking one glance at me. 

 I return to my book, but it's hard to concentrate when there's a boy with his face buried in the train's seat. 

 "Are you alright?" I finally ask. It sounded like I was more scared than concerned.

 The boy sits up properly, and turns to stare at me. Well, no, more like gawk at me. 

 "I'm not a slice of cake," I snap. And then I remember what's wrong with me.

 I'm a bloody siren, that's what. I have the amazing ability to transform into half fish, and the messed up ability to charm anyone when I speak. Sure, most normal people would love to be able to get anyone to do anything they wanted. But it's horrible. Sometimes you need to be told no for your own good, but when you're a siren, the world is yours.

 Sirens have been traced back since before muggles and wizards. But people currently refuse to believe we exist. I prefer to keep it a secret, so it's splendid to have other people play along too. 

 "Who are you?" The boy asks. It's sort of weird how he chose those words. Like I'm a criminal he saw a picture of on the newspaper.

 "Syrena." Of course that's my name. What else would you name a siren?

 "Er- what house are you in? I don't think I've seen you around." 

 "Ravenclaw. But I happen to be in my 5th year, and tend to avoid people, so maybe that's why." I reply with a smile. 

 He opens his mouth to speak again, but I cut him off, "My turn. It's only fair. Who are you?"

 "Draco Malfoy, fourth year, Slytherin." He said quietly. I'd heard Luna Lovegood talking about Malfoy. She said that he bullied her before, but stopped when she 'accidentally' put a spell on him that sent him flying all over the room. But since she's Luna, it probably was an accident. 

 "Nice name." I say, then return to reading my book. Yet he kept staring at me the entire ride to Hogwarts. 

---

 Hello little lovelies! The other day, for some crazy reason, I decided to re-read this story. And thank (insert whatever you'd like here) I did! Seriously, this story was trash. Now that I've gotten more of a writing experience, I have gone back to re-write it. While reading the first version of this, I noticed flaws in Syrena and her personality. It was too, wrong I guess? It was plain. So I have given her a new personality. One that some people can relate to, maybe. It shows she's an actual character of her own, and not just someone made up to be another character's love interest. But MAJOR things have been changed in this story, so it might be worth a re-read. And minor things too, like Syrena's hair color being blonde and stuff like that.

 Anyways, hope you enjoy this new version! And if you didn't read the original version, just consider yourself lucky that you didn't have to read the NIGHTMARE. 

 --Everything belongs to J.K. Rowling except Syrena, who was based off Syrena from Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides with a personality twist provided by me--