Hushed?

Draco's POV

 "Hello Draco." Syrena says as I sit down next to her at the library. She doesn't look up from her book, but her eyes seem to focus on one word and then skip down to the end of the page. 

 It was late in the afternoon, around when dinner takes place. Most students had just about finished lessons and were heading to the Great Hall. Only a few people had remained at the library. Syrena being on of them.

 "Hi." I reply, "How er- are you?"

 Syrena slightly opens her mouth to say something, but makes no noise. She tries again, but says only one word, "Fine." 

 We both don't say anything. Everything is silent, except for the seventh years on the other side of the room, and an unknown person browsing through the books behind us. 

 "How are you, Draco?"

 "Okay." I answer. She closes her book to look at me. 

 "No, really, how are you?" She asks. Her hands take mine and hold them tightly.

 "Fantastic." I answer. It's a good thing that I've been taught how to lie by only the best. 

 I stare at Syrena for a bit, and start to notice little things about her. Like how her dirty blonde hair is pushed behind her ear on one side but not the other. And how the freckles on her face are so weirdly arranged. One of her eyes is a brighter shade of blue than the other, which you don't frequently see. Yet it all fits like a puzzle. 

 "Do I have something on my face?" She jokingly asks. 

 "No, nothing." 

 She frowns for a bit, looking away. Her hands are still holding mine, and I'm starting to get worried about everything in general.

 "Draco we need to keep this hushed. A secret, I mean. Do you understand?" Her voice seemed really strong. Not that it wasn't already. When she talked she spoke like she was very confident with whatever she had just said, and it felt like she could build a wall for protection with her voice. Some people prefer to talk with a fragile voice that makes you appear weak and in need of comfort. But not Syrena. Not right now. Probably not ever. 

 "Yes." I mumbled. 

 "Okay. Now I must really get going," Syrena said as she stood up and gathered her belongings together, "I have a Charms quiz tomorrow. See you." 

 And she walked out the door, leaving me alone with my thoughts. Something was bothering me, I just don't know what. It's not her. It's not the secret that has reasons to remain unsaid. 

 It must be me then.

---

I could have written the word potato over and over again, and this chapter would have still been better than the original version. In the original, I made over a dozen spelling and grammar mistakes. Not only that, but I also got my Harry Potter facts wrong. Trust me, that will never happen again. Also, a week ago I went and saw Les Misérables, and I am just obsessed with it. I'm listening to the soundtrack while I write, so everything sounds better to me while the music is on then when it is not. 

 Hope you enjoyed reading! I know this is probably not my best work, but I needed to fit in more moments of them just being themselves together. 

 ---Everything belongs to J.K. Rowling except Syrena who is based off of the character in PotC: On Stranger Tides but her thoughts and actions are mine since I'm writting them from my mind (duh) and yeah---