The End For Both

Draco's POV

 I had heard a shout. It must have been my mind playing tricks on me. But I still turned around. No one else did. Just me. And far away on the shore, were two people. Well, one and a half people. 

 The salt water was most likely getting into my head. I rubbed my eyes. The two shapes were still there. 

 So, like any wannabe hero would do, I jumped into the nearest boat I saw, and rowed towards the shore.

 ---

 Syrena's POV

 I used to think that fishnet tights looked cute in a way. But when you're trapped in an actual fishing net, you start to question your taste in clothing. The net was especially tight around my throat, and made it difficult to do, well, everything. 

 "Let me go!" I tried to shout, but it came out like a hushed whisper.  That's not the best way to get someone to release you. 

 "Do you have any idea how much you're worth? I'll be able to keep my family together!" The voice is unfamiliar, though I didn't have much time to think about that before I realized what I was going to do. 

 "Save yourself! Please, let me go!" 

 "What's your name?" The person shouted. Only a few more seconds...

 "Tell me!" They basically screamed. 

 "Syrena!" But maybe something could stop me from doing it...

 "From Ravenclaw, right?"

 "Yes! Now let me go!"

 "Of course not!" 

 My eyes finally focused on the scene. The person was wearing Gryffindor robes, and had dark hair and a really amazing jaw line. He stood there in shock and awe, with his eyes set on me. 

 "Please!" But after that moment, I couldn't breathe. The net was too tight. It also didn't help that breathing is harder when you're half fish. My ears were buzzing. 

 And then the wildest thought sprung into my mind. Death is staring right at me. And my last words were me begging. It didn't feel right that those would be the words that marked my death. They seemed more like words of some who gave up. Even if it was true that I had, I didn't want it to be.

 My lips spread apart to utter my last few breaths. The words that had been stuck inside of me my whole life jumbled up in my throat. 

 I had been standing on a thin rope, just about to fall back. I had been on the verge of saying my last confession, when a figure that was so familiar appeared in front of my blurry eyes. But I could make out the blond hair and pointed traits. And a weird feeling struck me. It wasn't relief or sadness. It was the feeling that all the books I had read spoke of. The one that made the characters cheeks blush. It made them feel happiness and sorrow at the same time, and I had always tried to figure out how that could be. 

 I muttered,

 "Draco."

---

 I would like to point out that I made a reference to the book 'Perks of Being a Wallflower'. Syrena said, "and I had always tried to figure out how that could be." That comes from this quote,

“So, this is my life. And I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be.” 

― Stephen Chbosky, The Perks of Being a Wallflower

 I read that book as soon as I had heard that there was a movie being made out of it, and fell in love with it. Also, I would just like to thank you if you have read the entire mess of a story I have written. Though I feel extremely proud of finishing this, and I enjoyed some of the wording I used. 

 Anyways, here's my last confession. 

 The end.