The Second Task

Syrena's POV 

 In life, you have to have a little fun. To me, fun may require dangerous things most of the time. The rush of breaking rules or risking your life for pleasure is the most perfect thing to me. And what's more dangerous than going out for a swim during the Second Task for the Triwizard Tournament? 

 Draco had tried to prevent me from diving into the water. Obviously his whining and complaining was for nothing. I had been trying to stay annoyed at him for the flying accident from two weeks ago, but the past it the past and there's no changing it. Unless you have a blue box that can travel through time and space. You haven't seen one around have you?

 I hear a loud whistle from above the water, and four bodies drop into the water. The bodies of Harry Potter, Fleur Delacour, Cedric Diggory, and the Quidditch player everyone seemed to like, Viktor Krum. 

 They all began swimming, each with different methods on how to stay underwater longer. 

 You know what sounds like fun? Messing with one of them. 

 I hid behind a massive rock, and called out, "Cedric!" 

 His head whipped towards my direction. I called out his name once more, to fully gain his attention.  And he took the bait.

 Cedric swam towards the rock to see the source of the noise he had been hearing, but I was faster than him, of course. The fish tail isn't just for decoration. 

 "I know what you're looking for!" I say from behind a coral reef. 

 "Show me!" He yells out. I wave my tail as a gesture for him to follow me, and start to swim towards the mermaids. 

 The mermaids and I have a long history. First, they absolutely hated me for trespassing. They threatened to tell Professor Dumbledore about my condition, as they had called it. But after talking to them for a bit, they were convinced that I was no threat.

 I stopped swimming a few yards from where the mermaid village was. Cedric did too, a few feet behind me. 

 "Who are you?" He asked. 

 "I think you have more important things than that to worry about. Just go." 

 When he got close enough to view my face, I dived off to the side and quickly swam off near the Hogwarts docks. 

  I had been resting underneath the docks when I noticed something peculiar. There was a fishing hook tied to a string in the water. 

 I swim over to the fishing hook to take just the hook off, so that the poor fish don't have any trouble today. 

 But when my hand touched it, it glowed red, and I was blasted out off the water and into the sand. 

----

 I've been procrastinating on this for a while now, but it's not easy to rewrite this story. I want to write it so where it seems real, like it could happen at Hogwarts if sirens existed, but the original version was the opposite of that. So we ended up with this horrible chapter! Well, the whole thing wasn't great. But oh well. I'll probably rewrite it next year. 

 Hope you enjoyed!

 ---Everything belongs to J.K. Rowling except for Syrena, who was based off of Syrena from PotC: On Stranger Tides, but her actions and thoughts are mine and the idea for this was mine---

***

19/13- I just realized that while writing this I completely forgot that Syrena likes to kill human beings so this whole thing with Cedric shouldn't have happened, and I apologize for that. It just slipped my mind. But I'll probably force myself to rewrite it again (I'm going to go insane) later on.

 But the story will resume as it had started. Meaning that in the next chapter, Syrena will still have that instinct to kill. Again, I'm sorry about that!