Everything Disney

So, I want to start off with saying, I am SO sorry I didn't get my columns in last magazine. I know you guys have been dying to see my columns, and I'm sorry that they weren't in on time. Last week was pretty hectic for me! Don't worry, though, it won't happen again.

Now that that's out of the way, this week is a very special article! Okay, not that special, but I decided that I was finally going to talk to you about my favorite book series right now, Kingdom Keepers. I was going to wait until the seventh (and last!) book came out, but I just can't wait any longer! You're probably wondering, Sasha, what does this have to do with Disney? Well, this book series is actually a Disney book series. A lot of scenes from the series is actually IN Disney World, the Disney cruise ships (Magic and Dream), and the last book has Disneyland in it! Can't wait!

I should probably now tell you what the series is about. Here's the summary on the back of the first book.

In this fantastical thriller, five young teens tapped as models for theme park "guides" find themselves pitted against Disney villains and witches that threaten both the future of Walt Disney World and the stability of the world outside its walls. Using a cutting-edge technology called DHI-which stands for both Disney Host Interactive and Daylight Hologram Imaging-Finn Whitman, an Orlando teen, and four other kids are transformed into hologram projections that guide guests through the park. The new technology turns out, however, to have unexpected effects that are both thrilling and scary. Soon Finn finds himself transported in his DHI form into the Magic Kingdom at night. Is it real? Is he dreaming?

Finn's confusion only increases when he encounters Wayne, an elderly Imagineer who tells him that the park is in grave danger. Led by the scheming witch, Maleficent, a mysterious group of characters called the Overtakers is plotting to destroy Disney's beloved realm, and maybe more.

This gripping high-tech tale will thrill every kid who has ever dreamed of sneaking into Walt Disney World after hours and wondered what happens at night, when the park is closed.

Sounds pretty cool, huh? I also thought I would introduce to you some of the characters from the books:

Lawrence Finnigan Whitman or Finn: Introduced in the first book. He's one of the DHIs and the leader of the Kingdom Keepers. He has his parents and a little sister, who isn't talked much about in the books. He's pretty much THE main character of the book.

Wayne Kresky: Introduced in the first book. An Imagineer for Disney, and he actually knew Walt Disney himself. Wayne was always meant to be an Imagineer, ever since he was younger. He kind of watches over the Kingdom Keepers, and gives them tips.

Terry "Donnie" Maybeck or Maybeck: Introduced in the first book.  He's kind of second in line for being the leader of the Kingdom Keepers. If something happens to Finn, Maybeck steps in. Maybeck is an artist, and works and lives at the pottery shop, Crazy Glaze, his Aunt Jelly owns. Also, he has an attitude, and is kind of the comedian of the group.

Dell Philby or Philby: Introduced in the first book. He's the brains of this operation. He knows EVERYTHING! He mostly excels at computers though, which makes his name funny. Dell? Get it?

Charlene Turner: Introduced in the first book. She's a gymnast and doesn't let anyone stand in her way. She's also very pretty, and makes all the boys swoon. Except for the one guy she does like...

Isabella Angelo or Willa: Introduced in the first book. She's pretty brave, but loyal to all her friends and family. She hates to have to turn on others, that it unless they're OTs.

Amanda Lockhart: Introduced in the first book. She's not a Kingdom Keeper or DHI, but she does help them out. She's a great asset, only problem is, she isn't exactly who she seems. However, she is NOT evil.

Jessica Lockhart or Jess: She is introduced in the first book, but doesn't EXACTLY "appear" until the very end of the first book. What do I EXACTLY mean by that? Read the book! She's the "sister" of Amanda, even though I'm pretty sure that she's more of a best friend than a sister. They're just so close to each other, they consider each other sisters. And she's kind of special like Amanda.

Excited yet? You should be! If you're not new to Kingdom Keepers and have read may of the books, Then I suggest you check out kingdomkeepersinsider.com where you can actually help WRITE the last book! You can also write fan fictions of the series there! You just HAVE to check it out!

Peace out for now!