Chapter 1- Running

The names Faith Gillum. That's right y'all, I'm that writer who created that world famous novel "love is like a chocolate fire guard" which recently got turned into that cringey romance bullshit film "love me lightly". I advise you not to watch it. Anyway, it's 8:45am and here I am...running in a t-shirt and panties, down the twisted streets of Venice in the warm California sun. Not by choice of course, im not one of those women who go outside without putting on their trousers and I NEVER choose to go running. If you ever see me running it's usually because I'm running away from something - and this case is no different. I'm currently getting chased by a psycho woman because she caught me in bed with her husband. Yes, you read that correctly. And before you start judging... I did not know that the guy was married... I ain't no mistress.

Earlier that morning
I watch the sun creep through the window like a silent flame. I haven't had much sleep at all. I mean seriously, spooning is not a realistic sleeping position. I could feel him heavily breathing his warm air on the bag of my neck and shoulders- gross! I must have passed out some point because firstly I try not to sleep over or if we're at my apartment, same rules. And secondly, I have no recollection of how the fuck I got here. I carefully stretch across to reach my phone from his draws which was placed next to a box of chicken chow mien. As I turn it on I notice that it has been left on the camera button. This'll be interesting to see when I get back home. But first of all where the fuck am I? I stealthily pick up the man's arm and do the whole 'swap a roo' with a pillow then I stand up I take a glimpse of the man. Wow, he's handsome. He lays there asleep like a baby, no clothes on and a thick white duvet half on and half off him. He had a great figure, like a Calvin Klein model. Once again, drunken Faith does well. I look around and his room is so perfectly decorated, almost as if it's had a woman's touch.

I put on my top and panties whilst trying to find my jeans and gather the rest of my stuff together quietly so I didn't wake the handsome man whose name I can't remember, before sneaking out when all of a sudden I hear an ear aching scream and repeated smacks on the window. The man who seconds ago was fast asleep like a baby had jumped up rather quickly and we both turned to look at the window where we saw a woman looking viciously at me with a crazed look in her eyes.

"Shit! Shit! I'm so sorry. I didn't know she was coming back so early. I should have told you." He moans looking guilty as fuck.

"You have a girlfriend?" I say laughing confusingly, whilst still looking for my jeans, at a faster pace now.

"Wife." He replies looking down in shame.

"I knew this room had a woman's touch."

"She's an interior designer." His voice shakes.

"Aww good for her." I add. I notice lines of coke on the surface of his Apple product. I walk over to it and snort a quick line then turn back around to look at him. I spot my black skinny jeans wrapped around the bed post closest to him. "Ahh my jeans! Throw me them will you please darling."

By now I can hear the wife ferociously trying to find her keys in her bag and cursing rather loudly at the front door. I have no time to put my black skinny jeans on so I grab my stilettos, my little bag, and make a run for the back door.

Present
Now that your caught up, I'll continue.
I called Hayley to get out of bed and come get me. Hayley Chester is my best and longest friend and my agent... and also my roommate, for now at least while she is going through a divorce with her husband. I knew Hayley from when I used to live in Knoxville, Tennessee. We grew up on the same road, went to the same schools, shared common interests but most importantly- we shared the same dream. I always wanted to be a writer and she always wanted to be an agent like her parents. So I promised her that if I make it to be a famous writer, I'd take her with me as my agent. The reason I wanted to be a writer was because my life has always been rather knarly. I'd tell my friends different things that happened to me and they'd always laugh. I enjoyed entertaining people.