Chapter 6- A Periwinkle away from True Happiness

Friday
I wake up tired but in a surprisingly good mood. Today is the day I go meet Tom at the hospital to watch what he does on a daily basis. I've tried to not think of him too much over the week but he still creeps up on me in the back of my mind. His warm presence, movie star smile, board shoulders, tanned skin, intense voice...STOP! What am I doing? I've just said I've tried to stop thinking of him...emphasis on the word 'TRIED'.
I walk into the kitchen to grab my handbag and Hayley makes eye contact with me whilst talking on the home phone to Howard.

"... Yeah, I guess you can take me out because faith going out to see her doctor boyfriend." Smirks Hayley.

"He's not my boyfriend." I utter back, before pulling out the wire of the phone from the socket. She gives me evil eyes. "Please could you give me a lift to the hospital?" I look at her with puppy dog eyes. Her face goes back to normal; she grabs the keys and signals 'to the car!'

When I arrive at the hospital I have to sign in then I'm administrated with a visitors badge. The lady's directs me to where the cancer trials are taking place. As I enter the room I see men and women sat in a lounge area all hooked to machines. I continue to follow the lady where she stops and pulls out a file.

"Patient 262 took the drug 2 months ago and her tumours have shrinked now by 62%. She also wanted to say that Dr Mathers is one of the most caring and optimistic doctors she has ever encountered in her life. Isn't that sweet?" Says the lady. I nod, showing not much enthusiasm or interest. She acknowledges my facial expressions and takes me to where Dr Mathers is currently stationed.

"Dr Mathers is in the operating theatre and he is about to perform surgery. Would you like to go through?" Demands the nurse, pointing at White double doors.

I walk through the doors and find myself in the viewing room of the operating theatre. It's a small spaced room that has a large glass window that overlooks looks on where Dr Mathers and his team are and there is also two 40inch TVs that protect what is taking place. Tom looks up at me from the surgery room and waves so I wave back. 10 minutes into the surgery and I saw so much blood. My stomach started churning and I felt sick. I couldn't look away either because there was a TV on either side of me.

"So Miss Gillum," says Tom through a speaker in the room. I turn around and look at Tom whilst trying to hold back my gut. "Are you a fan of blood?" He laughs whilst concentrating on the surgery.

I couldn't hold it back any longer. I threw up all over the glass window. It was NOT a pretty sight. I ran out before any of the doctors below looked at me.

After surgery
After I cleaned myself up, I met back up with Tom once he was back in his suits again.

"How are you feeling now?" Asks Tom.

"Much better than I was before. That was disgusting; I don't know how you manage." I reply.

He laughs, "Hey, off the record, do you maybe want to go grab lunch or something?"

My voice turns to a serious tone, "Look Tom, I'm the writer and your my subject and I think from now on we should just keep things between us professional."

"Yeah..." He nods looking at me with a gazed expression, "I think we both really like each other and we should start dating."

"No...wait I'm confused. Am I not communicating properly?"

He moves closer to me, "No I hear you I just disagree... Do you like me?" He asks.

"Yes but..."