This Isn't Real

Ed's POV
It's been a few days since I left the hospital, and I have some of my memories back. I really only remembered Al, and my childhood and that stuff. Al seemed really happy that I remembered him again, seeing as to how he practically squished me in a hug when I told him I knew who he was again.

We decided to walk to Central, Al explaining that I had a report to turn in to the Colonel. When we got to Central Command, everyone smiled and told me welcome back.

"Elric's! Welcome back!" A man with black hair, and glasses exclaimed. Al nodded.

"Good morning Lieutenant Colonel Hughes." He replied. The man, Hughes, looked at me.

"Hey Ed. You feeling better after the hospital?" He asked. I nodded. After exchanging a few words with Hughes, we walked to the Colonel's office. Al had to lead, since I had no idea where it was. He opened the door, and everyone looked at us as we entered.

"Hey Al, Edward." Al looked at the person who spoke.

"Good morning. Is the Colonel here?" He asked. A blonde women nodded.

"He's in his office. Do me a favor and make sure he's doing his paper work will you?" She asked. Al nodded. We walked to Colonel Mustang's office, and he looked up at us.

"Welcome back boys." He greeted. I walked up to his desk, and handed him my report. "Thanks Fullmetal." He stated. I nodded.

"No problem Sir." I replied, and stood back next to Al.

"Looks good Fullmetal. Just try not to destroy anymore buildings next time alright? Your wasting military money." Mustang sighed. I couldn't help but roll my eyes in annoyance. "We do have a short amount after all." I growled.

"DON'T CALL ME A TINY LITTLE PIPSQUEAK!" I shouted. I only made the Colonel smirk in amusement.

"You're dismissed." He stated. I turned on my heel, and walked out.

"C'mon Al! Let's get going to the library!" I exclaimed, annoyed. He nodded, and giggled a little bit.

"Okay Brother."

-Time Skip-

Al stood up from his seat. "I'm going to head back to the dorm, and set up everything again. Get back soon Brother okay?" He asked. I nodded slightly, as my eyes skimmed through pages. I heard Al's heavy footsteps grow distant, signaling he had left. A few hours later, I stood up from my seat, putting our books back, and walking out the library.

"Edward!" Someone called. I turned around and saw Mustang running to catch up with me.

"Hm? Oh hey Colonel." I greeted. He panted slightly as he caught his breathe.

"Where's Alphonse?" He asked.

"He went back to the dorms." I replied. Mustang nodded.

"Okay. Want me to walk you home?" He asked, a hint of a blush on his cheeks. For some reason, butterflies formed in my stomach, as a blush of my own formed on my face. I nodded.

"S-Sure...." I agreed. After that, we began walking to my dorm room. As we walked, Mustang's eyes darted around, and a look of panic washed on his face.

"Ed! Watch out!" He exclaimed, and suddenly pushed me onto the ground as a loud sound went off. I felt blood hit my cheek.

"What the hell?!" I yelled, and stood up. Mustang was lying on the ground, a bullet in his shoulder. The attacker cursed quietly, and fired another bullet, grazing my cheek. I winced slightly, and clapped my hands, causing a rock like cage to form around the enemy. I kicked away his gun, and stood, not knowing what to do.

'This can't be happening.....!'

Hey guys! I finally wrote a long chapter! Hope you all enjoyed, and I'll see you next chapter! Bai!