Peaceful Mornings

It's been about two years since Ed confessed his love to Roy. The criminal attacking State Alchemists was thrown in jail. Central was once again at peace. Ed had gotten Al's body back, and the newly restored boy had went back to Resembool to surprise Winry.

A few weeks later, Al had called Ed talking of him and Winry getting married. Ed quickly congratulated his brother, and teased him. Life with Brigadier General Roy Mustang was never a dull one. And that's just how Ed liked it. Roy liked it that way too. Every morning, he'd wake up, to a beautiful sight of his lover resting next to him, snuggled into his side, golden hair all over the place, and peacefully resting.

The couple had made so many found memories together, and they were never seen without a smile on their face.

"And then Havoc almost got shot by Hawkeye for disrupting the office. Things have been so lively lately, it's like we're back to the beginning of your journey Ed." Roy said softly. He smiled a little.

"Those really were some great times huh? I wish.....I wish we could go back to those days....you and I....everything was exciting back then..." Onyx eyes lifted up, as if waiting for a reply from his lover. All he was met with was the cold silence of a gravestone.  Written on it was: 

                       Edward Elric
Beloved Alchemist, brother, and lover.          
                      He'll be missed.

"Edward......I love you.."

A chuckle was heard. "Yeah, I love you too bastard, now let's get going before the rain starts pouring." Said a voice. The raven haired male turned around to face the golden haired fiery male.

"Edward....?" He questioned.

"No, it's the mail man. Of course it's me moron." Ed replied quickly, walking towards the male to sit next to him.

"Talking to Hughes again?" He asked, his voice going soft as he stared at Roy. The General nodded.

"Yeah...Hughes.." He mumbled. The whole time had he really been speaking to Maes Hughes? His best friend? How had he thought it was Edward? Roy looked at the blonde, and suddenly, pulled him into a tight hug. The blonde let out a surprised squeak.

"R-Roy?" He asked. The General rested his head on Ed's shoulder, as he tightened his grasp on the male.

"Please, don't ever go away..." He said quietly. Ed frowned, and hugged him back, running a now human hand through his hair.

"Shhh. It's alright Roy, I'm here, and I'm not leaving, not ever again......."

Hey guys! So, I'm sorry if the last chapter was confusion....um, let me explain. Basically, what happened was Roy was visiting Hughes' grave on the anniversary of his death. And as he sat there, he thought of Ed, and for some reason, he began to think it was Ed's grave, not Hughes'. I hope this cleared things up for you guys, bai!