Part 3

"Well, Miss Amber, I believe we should get you home. Where exactly is 'home'?" Aidan inquired, standing up and reaching out his hand. Amber took it and Aidan helped her up. "A few blocks over," she replied. "I'll get you a taxi, don't you worry," he said. "I don't have any money, I had to pay my ex's bar tab tonight. I'm dry," she responded, somewhat ashamed. "I'll pay. My treat," he said, raising his arm to hail a taxi. "No, no!" she yelled, grabbing his arm and yanking it down, "I'll just walk. It's not that far, I'll just walk," she said, reaching into her purse to find her house keys. "Oh no," she mumbled. "What is it?" Aidan asked, seemingly concerned. "My keys. I lost my house keys."

After an awful night, this was the last thing she needed. By now, the pub was closed. She couldn't even go look for the keys. "I propose a deal," Aidan said, "You come home with me tonight. Sleep over, have a cuppa in the morning, and then I'll bring you back here tomorrow morning to find your keys. No strings attached." Amber pondered this for a moment, then nodded her head in agreement. "Deal," she said. Aidan smiled, wrapped his arm around her shoulder playfully, and they began to walk down the street.