2

Edited ✔

I woke up in a recognizable room. My bedroom. I rubbed my eyes removing the blanket on top of my body. I was still in my outfit. Last I remember, passing out in Harrys arms. He must had dropped me back home, but how did he know where I lived?

I almost had another panic attack thinking about the girl. She was close to my age, she had a whole life to live and yet, she was gone. I didn't want to confess to my mom about it, if she knew I went out tonight without asking, I would be grounded for weeks. Best be to keep it to myself for now.

I checked my phone. 10pm. I normally wouldn't go to bed right now but I was extra tired from using all my energy at the fair tonight. To run, to scream, to cry. I wanted to sleep until I noticed a text from Zayn.

Zayn: "Hey"

Sent @ 6pm.

Zayn was a shy, quiet person. When he talked to me he seemed to open up. I have no idea why, but I was glad he felt that way, because I felt exactly the same. I told him all things, everything. I pressed the call button, I needed to talk to someone about what happened tonight. And it was not going to be my mother nor Harry. I didn't have his number anyways and Zayn was like a brother to me.

"Ce, you didn't reply, you always reply." Zayn answered in a persistent tone. "You had me worried."

"I know Zayn, I'm sorry.. but I really...need you right now"

"I'm on my way"

I hung up and sighed with relief. I was so blessed to have a friend like Zayn. My mom wasn't home yet and my brother moved out years ago so I didn't have to worry about waking anyone up. The doorbell rang a couple minutes later since Zayn didn't live far, I could walk to his house and he could walk to mine, which I could tell he did because when I answered the door he was out of breath.

"Zayn" I breathed hugging him as tightly as I could trying to hold back tears. He seemed surprised first but rubbed his hands on my back.

"What happened?" He whispered in my ear. I closed the door and led him up to my room. We sat on my bed side by side. Zayn searched my face for an answer.

"I saw this girl tonight, her body landed right in front of me, she-"

I looked to the ground biting my cheek. My chin started to shake. Okay maybe I was over exaggerating a little..its just. I felt so bad. And to see her dead, right in front of me. Nothing ever happened here. It scared me, and I couldn't get the image out of my head which was far too detailed.

Zayn put his arm around my shoulder and leaned in closer. He tilted my chin up gently with his hand. "Its okay"

I nodded and continued.

"She was dead, killed Zayn. There was a murderer tonight in the same room with me. She was my age, maybe younger, she didn't deserve it, it should have been me-"

"Don't talk like that"
"Why not?"
"Because..if I lost you...I'd be the one wanting to die"

Zayn wrapped his arms around me and stroked my hair.
"What were you doing tonight anyways?"

Should I tell Zayn about Harry? What if he took it as a date...I certainly didn't, but Zayn was different.

"I went to the fair with my brother and that's when we saw it happen, in the fun house" I wasn't completely lying..

Zayn kept me in his arms. I felt safe and I didn't want him to let go. "Celia"

I looked up and met his dark brown eyes. "Hmm?"