Chapter twenty eight

My heart still hadn't calmed down. Sora had been so odd lately... He was doing so much that was making my head dizzy. What was with that? Why would he even want to kiss me...? None of it made any sense... But it probably wasn't a good idea to be thinking about it so much right nowー my mind was still so fuzzy...
I stared down blankly at the steaming cup of tea that Sora had brought me, looking into my reflection.
Even though I wasn't looking at him, I could feel his eyes on me. I found myself sweating under his intense gaze. Why was he staring at me...?
I didn't dare look back at him. After a long, uncomfortable moment, I started to say something.
"... I would."
His ears perked up and he eyed me in confusion at my statement. "You would what..?"
I looked away, awkwardly playing with a strand of my hair. "Wh...what we were talking about...earlier..."
I peeked at him from the corner of my eye. "...I would..."
I couldn't believe I was really admitting something like that... My mind really was fuzzy...
My heart skipped a beat as he saw Sora get up from the corner of my eye and come over to the bed, sitting far too close to me. My body immediately felt hotter and I tried to stay calm. What was he doing...??
Peeking over it him, I could see him smirking in my face. "Oh really?"
It was nearly impossible to keep my body from trembling a bit as he cupped my face, turning my head to look directly at him. "I'm glad to hear that," he mused, "but I don't know if your heart can take that right now..."
He may've had a point... I could feel it hammering endlessly against my ribs.
"But..."
My breath caught in surprise, as I watched his expression melt into something more gentle, embarrassed, even.
"Maybe if it's just a little..."
My heart was pounding so hard I thought it might burst as Sora slowly leaned closer, closing the distance between us. Kissing me... Sora was kissing me...!
It felt so...
Strange...
But...
... I liked it.