Chapter two

"I'll do anything!!"
To my surprise, my desperate calls had been heard. I looked up, and my bright blue eyes locked with a pair of electric lime green ones. They were so captivating... But I found that the one thing that REALLY caught my eye was that it appeared that this man had ears atop his head and a tail on his rear.
What the hell...?
Was I dreaming...?
"Are you a...?"
He didn't give me enough time to question him. With a flick of his tail, he looked at me, tilting his head. "You'll do anything?"
Remembering the urgent matter at hand, I didn't even think as I began to quickly bob my head up and down vigorously, in spite of the strange man's shady disposition. He couldn't have been a youkai like I was thinking anyway; he was probably just some weirdo over achieving cosplayer. Those guys were everywhere.
I thrashed violently in the water to express my desperation for his help. "Yes! Anything! Please, I'm begging you, save them!!"
He gave a nod, and a small smile. "Done."
Before I could blink, the man crouched low, and pushed off the ground, leaping off the dock and diving perfectly into the water, deep below the surface towards the bus.
I watched in amazement, fingers crossed, pleading that everyone aboard the bus would return safely.
No one could be seen beneath the water for a long time. I held my breath.
Everyone... Please, please be alright...
SPLASH!
I found myself swimming backward to avoid the large, full bus that soon came rocketing out of the water like a flying fish.
"Wh...?!"
As I looked closer, my attention was caught as I soon realized that holding on to the bumper of the car was none other than the man who'd leapt in moments ago.
Was this for real?!?
Incredible...!
Just who was this guy....?!?
I gapped in amazement, my eyes as wide as saucers, threatening to pop right out of my skull as I watched the odd man successfully take the bus back up to the dock in a swift, fluid motion, without even breaking a sweat.
Was I dead..?!
How was this even possible??

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The both of us stuck around in the sidelines as paramedics quickly arrived to rescue all of the people aboard the bus. To my great relief, everyone aboard survived.
I'm so glad...
I was brought back to where I was standing when someone beside me cleared their throat.
"Hm?"
I turned and my eyes grew wide as I saw it was the man who'd rescued them. "Y-You!" I stammered. Struggling to regain my composure, I quickly bowed my head. "Th-Thank you so much for helping to save them!"
I knew I couldn't really do much to thank him for his efforts, but I had to at least say thank you... I don't know what would've happened if he hadn't shown up to save the day in time.
He swished his long, fluffy, golden fox tail, which I caught myself looking at instead of meeting his eyes. "Are you....a youkai...?" I finally asked my unanswered question from before. He went on as though he hadn't heard me.
"Don't forget about the promise you made me." His voice was deep and quiet, with a smooth tone. I blinked and looked up to meet his eyes at his words.
"E-Excuse me?"
The man's fox ear twitched and he shifted his weight onto his left leg. He was expressionless. "Your promise." He repeated sort of impatiently. I blinked a few times, baffled by his claim. What was he talking about? "My... Promise...?" I repeated carefully. He nodded his head once and stepped towards me. I watched curiously as he came towards me, starting to mess with something, and when he took a step back, I looked down to find that there was a collar round my neck. He held the leash to it in his hand. "You said you'd do anything, remember?" He told me dryly.
I blinked, wide eyed.
"... Eh? EHHHHHH?!?!"