Chapter forty two

"Sora, why do you like me?"
I asked him the main question nagging in the back of my mind, curled against his side with his arm around me.
"Why?"
I nodded.
It was completely over my head...
If I were a boy, I wouldn't like me.
He gave a soft sigh. "Hm.... That would probably take a long time to explain, and it still wouldn't be enough."
I looked up at him questioningly, but he was smiling down at me.
"I sort of always loved you... For as long as I've known you. It's something I've felt for so long, I'm not sure I could ever explain it thoroughly.."

"That long...?"

It was hard to believe someone could love so relentlessly... And not just anyone, but love me. It was such an odd feeling to know someone loved you that unconditionally... Like a dog's love.
"Did you just call me a dog?"
I snorted and nudged him.
"Quit digging around in my head."

"I can't help it. There's a lot I'm listening for."

"Yeah? Like what?"

He grinned, eyeing me, before pulling a super weak impression of me.
"Like, 'AHH, omg! Sora's the hottest guy ever!' Or 'wow check out those pecs!'"
I snickered.
"As if I'd ever!"

Sora and I stayed up late just talking and talking for hours. It sounds so plain and simple, but it had to be the most fun night I'd had. I never got bored... I could just keep talking and talking with him. I'd never felt so close to him...
I felt like we'd grown closer together.
Eventually, being as exhausted as I was, I passed out, laying limply against his chest. For all I knew, he was still talking to me... But I was so tired, and his body felt so warm...
I hadn't even realized I'd lost consciousness until morning came, flooding the room. I grunted softly and cracked open an eye, sleepily looking around. Morning...?
I weakly sat up with a yawn and looked around. Upon scanning the bed, I came to realize that Sora wasn't in the bed anymore. He must've already woken up...
With a stretch, I lazily slid out of bed and started to get dressed.
I had only managed to slip off my shirt when someone abruptly appeared in the doorway.
"Ayanoooo! Wake up, I made bre....!"
Both of us froze in place.
Y-Yuto...??
My heart felt like it'd stop.
There was Yuto. Standing directly in my line of sight, clearly able to see me standing up straight, stripped down to my bra.
He could see it.
Yuto saw me in my bra.
In seconds, his face turned beet red. "I-I-I-I'm sorry...!!!"
Before I could try to assure him it was alright, he'd torn from the room, slamming the door shut behind him.
Poor Yuto...!
I'd murdered his virgin eyes....!