two > promises

[Yoongi's POV]

A week has passed since that day when my father finally punched the living lights out of me, and it has been a week since he's gone MIA. Not that I mind, in fact, I'm quite happy that he hasn't come back home yet. Who knows what he's capable of doing. He might even lay a hand on my mom. Tch. As if I'll let that bastard do that.

I watch as my classmates flick paper balls towards the nerd at the opposite side of the classroom, erupting laughs from our other classmates. I raise a brow at them. How they find people in pain happy, I don't know. Maybe they're, uh, what word is it? Ah! Sadists? Maybe.

A few minutes after, the bell signalling the start of another class went off, and the people around me scrambled to their respective seats in a rush. Soon after, our seongsaengnim entered and an hour of yet another boring moment started.
[Seongsaengnim = Teacher]

>>>>>

"At last." I mumbled before shutting my locker door close. I hid my locker key in my pocket and walked my way through the crowd in the hallway. I need to get out of here, there are too many people.

You guys may be wondering why unlike the others, I'm walking all by myself through the messy crowd. Why I don't have an annoying bestfriend who talks all the time that ticks me off every second of the day. Why I sit alone at the back of the class, watching my classmates make a mess of themselves. And why I skipped school that day when I found out about my dad and his mistress.

Well, to answer your questions, I actually don't give a fuck about people.

I don't give a fuck if I walk on my own through all these crazy creatures, I don't give a fuck if I don't have that annoying bestfriend in every cliche story, I don't give a fuck if I look like a loner sitting at the back of the class alone, I don't give a fuck about my grades as long as I pass, I don't give a fuck about studying.

Because really, why would I give a fuck then? Why bother keeping a bestfriend if one day, he or she will leave you all alone? Why bother making friends if there's a huge possibility that they'll backstab you someday? Why bother studying hard to maintain your A's if you'll end up working in a fastfood restaurant or a coffee shop later on?

People felt the need to have someone by their side, have people who like them and adore them, and have good grades to show off to others. I really don't get what's the point of all these.

I continued walking my way to my house, watching the seagulls fly under the beautiful canvas of skies. This is one of the things why I go to school. There's something inside me that calms down whenever I look at the skies. It's the exact opposite of me. It's beautiful, full of life, colorful, and magnificent. Whereas, here I am, ugly, lifeless, pale, and lame. Well, I guess opposites do attract.

I entered our small house and flickered the lights open. I threw my bag on the couch and followed soon after and turned on the TV. I'll just do my homeworks once mom nags me to do it.

>>>>>

"Yoongi? Yoongi, wake up. Min Yoongi..."

I let out a groan and covered my face with the pillow on top of me. "Ten minutes, eomma."

"We don't have time, Yoongi. Get up!"

I pushed myself up with my eyes still closed. I heard my mom sigh before I felt her hand slap my back. "Eomma!" I groaned before opening my sleepy eyes. She's in her working clothes, with her hands on her waist. She glared at me.

"Go take a shower and change into something warm. Ppali!" She hissed at me before pushing me to my room and closing my door. I raised a brow. Why is she acting weird?