four > nicknames

[Jimin's POV]

"Great! I think that's all for today, then. Next practice will be Saturday, arasseo?" Hoseok, or Hobi, as what he insisted to us on calling him, said after the music turned off. All of us said a weak yes before we all collapsed on the cold floor of the dance studio, exhausted and drained out. He chuckled at us and started tossing water bottles for everybody.

"Kamsahamnida, Hobi-hyung." I said breathlessly as I received my own bottle and quickly chugged it down to satisfy the complaints of my body and dry throat. He nodded at me before moving on to the others.

After a few minutes, I pushed myself up and went to the male's change room to take a quick shower and change. I pulled my sticky muscle shirt away from me and cringed. I need to get out of these clothes soon.

I've been going to the dance classes that our body language club in school sponsors for two years already, since my freshman years. Hobi was in one of my classes then and we became seatmates then friends and he encouraged me to join his club. At first, I was hesitant because I don't dance. I sing, but only a bit and it's just a habit that I've grown used to do especially when I'm bored but dancing never really crossed my mind. But Hobi forced me to join and he taught me how to dance, and now, I don't regret letting him teach me all those stuff. It was actually a blessing in disguise because I got to help my mom with the bills whenever we won something in the dance competitions that we join in. It's not much, but it's better than nothing.

I stepped out of the shower room and dried myself before putting on a pair of clean sweatpants, white shirt, and shoes. Then after arranging my stuff, I bade goodbye to the others and went home. I'm excited to come home today because my mom's cooking her specialty: seaweed soup. She makes some kickass seaweed soup and it's one of my favorite dishes of all time.

"Da nyeo wa sseum ni da, eomma!" I said with a smile as I open the door, kick off my shoes and toss my bag on the couch. I walked towards our kitchen with a smile and saw my mom in front of the stove, her back turned to me. I grinned before taking slow and quiet steps towards her, planning to scare her. Putting my hands up, I was about to shout when I heard her talking. Confused, I stayed quiet and put my hands to my side.

"A divorce? Waeyo?"

I scrunched my forehead in confusion. Divorce? Who is she talking to?

"About time you finally realize that that jerk is no good. Yah! Hyunji-unnie pabo-yah!"

Hyunji? I think I heard that name before...

Oh right! Min Hyunji! She's my mom's bestfriend! Wait, she's getting a divorce?!

"What are you going to do now though?" I heard my mom say with a sigh and she placed the spatula down on the plate by the sink and leaned against the counter. I quickly scrambled out of the room and hid in the living room. Luckily, I chose a place where I can still hear their conversation.

"Wae?! Yoongi-ssi?! Is he okay?! Aish, that bastard."

Yoongi-ssi? Was he the black-haired guy that was with Hyunji-noona when we visited her a few years ago?

"Ne. It's fine. When is he coming?"

He? Who's he?

"Arasseo. I'll pick him up myself. Give me his phone number so we could make plans and stuff."

"Okay then. Jalgayo. Jal jinae."
[Jalgayo = Bye ; Jal jinae = Take care]

After I heard her put the phone down on the table, I slowly rose to my feet and entered the kitchen.