1

"What, boy? You going to do something? You ain't nothin' but a fucking faggot. You're worthless. You're not going to stay in my house. I'll give you five minutes to get what you need, and you're leaving my fucking house and never coming back," my dad said while I was on the ground bleeding. His words just rang in my ears.

I finally got up and grabbed my phone, charger, a bag of clothes, wallet, my bag of hair products, my backpack, my car keys and my shoes. I stubbled around because of all of the weight in my arms.

I walk to the front door to see my dad walking up to me, beer in hand. "Get da fuck outta her' yah gohdamn faggot!" his words slurring.

I turn to walk out of the house when I see a picture of my mom. I reach for it when I feel someone's hand strangling my forearm. All I felt was painful tingling on my arm. "You don't deserve that picture of her!" he exclaims.

"I'm sorry! Just let my arm go and you'll never see me again!" I say more firmer than I wanted it to come out. He looks at me, like he was just about ready to kill me.

"If I ever see you again, I'll kill you." I look at him and say lightly, "Can I please go now?" He lets go of my arm. I open the door and just before I leave, I say six words that makes him lose it. "Mom would be  disappointed in you." and with that, I exit my childhood home, leaving all my happiness, memories and belonging there. I run to my car and throw all my stuff in the back and pull out of the drive way.

I grab my phone and call my best friend, Carter Brinal. Man, he's been there for me through everything. He's kept me hanging on by roots that grew into trees. What more can I say other that the fact I'm in love with him. He's my saving grace, who I'd do anything for, but he doesn't know it, but maybe it's time he know.

           *PHONE CALL*

*Ring* *Ring* *Ring*

Carter: Hello?

Me: Hey, it's Ashton

Carter: Oh, hey

Me: Look, there's some shit I have to get off my chest, so just listen. Okay?

Carter: Okay bro, you can tell me anything.

Me: Okay, well, my dad just kicked me out and I don't have a place to live anymore.

Carter: man, that sucks you can always come stay with me.

Me: Thanks, man. I relapsed again, and it's pretty bad.

Carter: Nah, bro, please tell me you're kidding me.

Me: I wish I was kidding.

Carter: What the fuck, bro?

And with that, my phone died. I tossed my phone in the backseat and made my way to Carters house.

No matter how bad my day is and can get, just one minute listening to his voice can restore my happiness. The stoplight three cars in front of me turns red, and I take this opportunity to put on music. I look in my center console to look for my Blue Neighborhood cd by Troye Sivan. I find it and put it on Wild, which is favorite song so far. I like it because it kind of describes the beginning of me and Carters friendship.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, that was the first chapter of my new story! I'll try to post the updates every Saturday, and maybe Wednesday. Well until the next chapter, buhbye!