Joining? #3 (Rewritten)

The four of your settled inside, the drunks from before had trickled out leaving it open for you all to talk.
"Not that I'm not happy to see you or anything (Y/N), but how are you here?" Meliodas questioned tilting his gaze from his mug to look at me.
"Your guess is as good as mine, captain. I woke up and thought Merlin had released the seal when I didn't see her I left. I came upon a village and found out I had only been under the seal for about 10 years." You stare down at your mug, sloshing around the ale as you were collecting your thoughts.
Meliodas walked around the bar and sat next to you, lightly placing a hand on your shoulder, " Don't worry your pretty little head about it too much, when we find Merlin we'll ask her what happened, ok?"
Slowly you nod bringing your gaze to meet his, a small smile gracing your features when you made eye contact with his familiar green orbs.
"Um, excuse me. I hate to interrupt but what's going on here?" Elizabeth, the silver-haired girl you had met before spoke up, bringing your attention to her.
"Oh!" Meliodas jumped off of the stool he was sitting on while you simply turned around to face her. "I guess I forgot to introduce you two, didn't I? Elizabeth, this is (Y/N), one of the sins. (Y/N) this is Elizabeth, the third princess of Liones."
"So, I was right about that" you commented making both Meliodas and Elizabeth look at you, "Oh, sorry you probably don't remember me, you were still really young back then. I used to babysit you and your sisters a lot."
Elizabeth thought for a moment before apologizing. "Is that so, I'm sorry I don't seem to remember."
offering her smile, you shrug, "It's fine really like I said you were still pretty young then."
Elizabeth sat there in silence for a few moments, her eyes looking nowhere unparticular as she lightly tapped her finger on her bottom lip, which you had to admit was pretty cute. After a little while of silence, Elizabeth suddenly popped back into reality. "OH! My father used to tell me stories about the shapeshifter clan when I was younger, is it possible that you're one of those?"
You nod, "Indeed I am! Would you like to see?" Elizabeth nodded excitedly. You cycled through forms you had on memory including a cat, a bird, a snake, and lastly Meliodas before returning back to your original form.
"That's amazing Lady (Y/N)!" Elizabeth praised you, her eyes shining with wonder.
Blushing lightly, you awkwardly rub your hand across the back of your neck, "It's nothing really it was pretty common where I come from."
"Really?" Your words seemed to piqued her interest even more.
You nod, "Yea, I came from a whole clan of them after all. Everyone in the village could do this."
The look of wonder returned to Elizabeth's face "Oh really, maybe someday you take me there."
Slowly you shifted your eyes down, away from Elizabeth, "I wish I could but they were all killed off a long time ago."
Elizabeth covers her mouth in shock/horror, "I'm sorry I didn't know."
You look over at her and offer her a small smile, "It's fine I didn't expect you to anyway, not many people knew."
It took a few moments for her to calm herself down but when she did she looked you straight in the eye, "If it's not a touchy subject could you tell me about it"
Smiling you nodded, "I don't mind Elizabeth. The shapeshifter clan was a group of several villages full of shapeshifters, each one being able to shift into different forms at will, taking characteristics from one person and using them on themselves. They were a very secluded race of people, scared that if the world got a hold of them, they would for them to do horrible things. Everything was peaceful until we were attacked by holy knights, from where I still don't know. They were strong, it took most of the adults to hold them off long enough for us kids to escape. The village was demolished. We all thought we were safe at the time but one by one the other kids slowly starting getting picked off either by illness or animals until I was the only one left."
Her eyes held a familiar look in them, one of pity, you had seen it before. "No need to look so sad Elizabeth, Shapeshifters have a long lifespan so I'll plenty of time to return my clan to its original strength." You offered her a smile before you glanced over at Meliodas, who had a dark look on his face. Reaching a hand towards him, he grabs your hand before you even get a chance to touch him, pulling you off the stool before spinning you around.
"You'll have to repopulate them first~" His toned caused you to flush deeply.
"Captain!" letting out a bark you pull your hand from his grip and turned away from him, "Pervert."
Meliodas chuckled as he placed a hand on your shoulder, "Come on (Y/N), I was just joking."
Turning your head, he is met with a glare, "Well it wasn't very funny." You push his hand off of your shoulder before walking towards the door. "Now if you'll excuse me."
"Where are you going? I thought you were joining us" Meliodas raised an eyebrow as you were halfway out the door.
"I am. I'm just tired and I feel far more comfortable sleeping outside, that's all." Finally, you slipped through the door and closed it. Pulling yourself onto the roof you stared out at the town below, your mind flashed back to the lightning spear which nearly destroyed. Before you could properly make connections, your eyes had closed and you drifted off. Slowly you felt something warm cover you as you allowed sleep to consume you.