I can't believe it's you... #7 (

It had been several days already since you awoke but the dreams hadn't stopped, every morning was spent calming your nerves from whatever dream you had that night. Upon Elizabeth's request, you now stayed in the spare room with Ban, because of your recent injury she didn't believe it was safe for you to sleep outside.
Flinching you were awoken from your daydreaming by Diane who lightly poked you, "Welcome back, I've been trying to talk to you for like 5 minutes now" she let out a small chuckle at your yawning state before continuing, "I wanted to tell you that we've arrived."
You quickly jump into a standing position on her shoulder before looking around at the surrounding area in confusion, "This is where the capital of the dead is supposed to be?" you question and Diane simply shrugs before crouching slightly allowing you to jump off safely. Jumping down you're quickly snatched from the air by a pair of muscular arms.
Ban holds you close to his chest as he begins walking towards where the captain is standing, "Careful there, little birdie," you roll your eyes at the nickname before you begin your attempt to escape his grip. "Hasn't anyone ever told you not to jump from high places? Even if they are your friends."
After a few attempts you pull yourself out of his grip and as your feet hit the ground you turn to look at him, a sad look in your eye "Not for a few decades." You quickly turn away from him once more ignoring Meliodas as you pass and head off towards the town. Slowing your pace you look around the deserted place, did anyone even live here? Out of nowhere, your shoulder began to sting, with a quiet hiss you bring your hang up to your shoulder.
"Miss, are you alright?" A small voice speaks out behind you quickly you look over to see a small boy no older than ten with wavy blonde hair and a pitchfork in hand.
"Y-yea, I'm fine... What are you doing out in a remote place like this?" you ask him, ignoring the pain in your shoulder as you crouch in front of him.
Think about your question from a moment as he shifts the pitchfork to rest against his shoulder, "My sister Ellen and I live here."
As you go to ask him where their parents are you hear talking not far away, his guard immediately goes up, taking the pitchfork back in his hand once again he makes his way over with you following close behind just in case. As you round the corner you spot Ban with a small girl in his arms. The boy beside you quickly gets defensive and with only a few words shared between the two the boy plunges the pitchfork into Ban's chest, the boy quickly flinches back pulling the pitchfork out.
With a small sigh, you pat him on the shoulder causing him to flinch once again, "Don't worry he's fi-" as you try to reassure the boy a spear embeds itself into Ban's chest. A small boy lands on the spear, a smirk ever prominent on his face and judging by Ban's expression he had no idea who this guy was so you push the two children behind you. Glancing back at the two terrified children behind you, and with a light push to their shoulders you whisper, "run" causing them to quickly take off. Turning your attention forward again you make eye contact with the attacker, his smirk shrinking to a small frown before he looked back at Ban with a look of anger.
"You've even convinced (Y/N), you really are a scoundrel," with that he pushes Ban through the stone wall behind him followed by you quickly chasing behind him.
Ban regains his footing and looks back at you, "(Y/N), don't get involved, you're still injured." He quickly turns his attention to the boy who was now floating several feet above both of you, "Go get the captain, I'll be fine." If it was any other time you would have retaliated but the seriousness in his voice made you back up, quickly you turned around to run off. Your head begins to spin as you make your retreat, the aching in your shoulder now becomes a sharp pain. With a quiet thump, you nearly hit the ground but an arm wraps around your stomach, catching you mid-fall. You can barely turn your head before your vision begins to go dark and you allow your eyes to close.

When you open your eyes again you stand on a small stone street running between rows of close buildings. Your body moves on its own, running and taking turns that feel familiar but you couldn't quite remember why. Another turn and a familiar scene appears before you, the bloody body of your lover was strone across the snow-covered ground. His face was peaceful and offset the gory scene surrounding him. Shakily you drop to your knees beside him, lightly tracing your finger along his jaw, you slide it up before carefully closing his eyelids. You remember this day clearly you lost your lover, the only person who accepted you since the death of your clan, it's also the day you committed your sin. Your gaze shifts as a chill runs down your spine, it soon lands on a box not far away. Still cradling him in your arms your body reaches towards the box, slowly opening it as tears begin to form in your eyes. There's a quiet shuffle as you pull off the lid to reveal the two objects inside, a familiar white scarf and sitting on top, a small ring. Now you allow the tears to flow freely down your face as you begin to sob into his bloody coat. Slowly your vision shifts, the sky is now dark and snow still falls, your footsteps are quiet as you approach the three laughing Holy Knights.
"I wish I could have seen her face!"
"I bet she cried!"
"Are you guys sure that was a good idea? I mean the rumors sai-" the third knight was cut by the laughing of the other two.
"Calm yourself, James, that little witch can't do anything to us we're Holy knights!" Two of the knight begin to laugh again while the third one gave a look of guilt towards the ground. As you approach your footsteps
growing louder catching the attention of the three. The 'leader' turns around with a glare, "Get lost punk, its way past you-" his voice hitches in his throat as he makes eye contact with your now glowing form, causing the three to begin backing away as you take steps towards them.

"What's wrong? I thought Holy knights weren't scared of anything."

With a jolt your body quickly sits up, spooking Hawk who was making his way out of the room. Subconsciously your hand reaches for the scarf around your neck. Quickly shaking your head you jump out of bed much to the anger of Hawk who insisted that you should rest, you brush off his comments and walk downstairs.
"If you share with the dead your precious memories, they will lead you to where you want to go..." You pause for a moment as you make eye contact with Ban, who gives you a worried look as you rush out of the tavern. Without a word you walk passed Diane who frowns at your lack of a response, eventually, your feet bring you to a field. The wind softly flows passed you, fluttering the ends of your scarf as you look on upon the open field and with a sigh, you pull the scarf up to cover your face allowing the fabric to absorb the tears that flowed freely down your cheeks.