Val

As soon as I stepped out of Carson's car I knew something was wrong. I could feel Sofie perking up and getting jittery. This was abnormal for her and I was slightly concerned. I took a stance and looked around for any danger but was confused when I didn't see, hear, or smell any.

"Sofie, what's wrong?" I asked.

I felt her pause and sniff the air. "I don't know but somethings off. I feel..off."

Her words made me uneasy. Sofie was a proud arrogant wolf who wasn't easily moved. Something was definitely wrong.

Carson had already driven away and I was forced with the option of going inside my home. The more steps I took the more uneasy I felt myself and Sofie become. I couldn't stay outside forever and I'd have to go inside at some point.

Here goes nothing.

I put my hand on the doorknob and pushed open the door and I wasn't at all prepared for what was on the other side.

Valentino

I hadn't planned on spending my afternoon coming to meet a pack. My now retired father had insisted that we come visit our neighboring pack the Red Moons, for fighting styles and advice. Being Alpha I had wanted to tell him absolutely not but I held a high respect for my father and what he did. Running a pack without a Luna was close to impossible but somehow he made it a reality. I admired and looked up to him for all of his accomplishments. So in good judgement I agreed and here we were. The Alpha of this pack was well known for ruling with an iron fist but known to have a weak spot for his family.

I didn't think that was the smartest thing to do as his family could be put in danger
if push came to shove. My pack always came first no matter what. Pack then family.

We arrived at the Red Moon pack about around 3 or so. I brought along my father of course along with my Beta, my best friend and Delta, Blake, along with a couple veteran fighters.

Their territory was quite large but it wasn't remotely close the size of our own land. I don't mean to brag but our family worked hard to get where we were today.

Riding along the path in the back of the SUV was the most grueling thing. We were constantly being jolted and tossed around as we traveled along the dirt road. Trees surrounded us and I hoped that we were going the right way. My father said he knew this territory like the back of hand. I trusted him and sat back to try and enjoy the ride.

My phone went off with an incoming text message and I pulled it out of my pocket to see who it was.

I groaned. Not her again.

I unlocked my phone to see a naked picture sent to me by Amelia. I told her that what we did was a one time thing but she couldn't seem to stay away from me. I mean I couldn't lie, that girl had a banging body and she knew it. I observed the picture for a bit and contemplated texting her back but decided against it. She was too clingy anyways.

An hour later we had arrived in their territory. I got of the car and immediately felt overwhelmed and antsy. What the hell? My wolf was alert as well constantly sniffing for something. What he was sniffing for I had no clue. Weird.

We were greeted by the Alpha and Luna at the front doors who adorned warm smiles. The Luna was pregnant and now I knew what they meant when they said pregnant women glowed. She was like a vibrant star shining bright. We exchanged handshakes and greetings while they led us inside.

"Alpha Valentino, I'm glad you could join us this fine evening." Alpha Marcello spoke. His voice was firm and strong, and it matched his powerful aura. I knew he was capable of being soft but no one would be able to tell now.

I cleared my throat, "How could I not? Your pack is the most vicious pack in fighting styles. We would be honored if your fighters could teach some of our best some tips and tricks and vise versa." I spoke in my Alpha tone.

I'd perfected it by listening to my father all these years and I must say it was affirmative and strong.

"That sounds like a wonderful idea. While our fighters discuss that, why don't we sit down and just speak? My daughter should be home at any moment to help my mate prepare dinner." He said while beaming. I could tell he was proud of the family he had raised.

I was however interested as I wasn't aware he had a daughter. I raised my eyebrows and urged him to tell me more. One of his eyebrows raised with my increased interest in his daughter.

He cleared his throat, "Yes, I have a daughter. You've probably not heard of her because she tends to stay low and doesn't mix well at gatherings. She'll be turning 18 in three days. We'd be happy to invite your pack along to celebrate with us." He explained. Hmm. 18 in three days? I wonder if she had a clue who her mate was. I was still on the hunt for mine however I hadn't had much luck.

I nodded slowly as I took in this information, "We'd be happy to. I'm sure it would also give her a better chance to find her mate if he lies in our pack."

His mate smiled happily and clapped her hands, "Oh! Cara is going to be so excited!"

My wolf purred at finding out her name.

What in the fuck?

I have never heard Kade purr like that before. I wonder what was up with him.

"Her name sounds lovely. Just saying it sends tingles up my spine. Meet her soon Val." He demanded. I hated that nickname he gave me. It was unflattering and womanly in my opinion.

My ears perked up and a tingle ran up my back as I heard a car door slam from outside.

"That must be her. Go to her!" Kade shouted.

I ignored him and the tingles that were spreading throughout my body. He was insane. I shifted in my seat trying to get the tingling to go away.

"That's her now. She better hurry up so we can get started on dinner." Alpha Marcello's mate said. I need to learn her name.

When the doorknob to the front door turned, I found myself holding my breath. I had no clue why but I knew whoever was behind this door had to be important. I watched and waited as the seconds seemed to crawl by.

The door pushed open and right when I saw her face I knew I was a goner.

It was like the Moon Goddess had taken her straight from my dreams and placed her in real life.

"Mate! Mate! Mate!" Kade chanted in my head.

She was perfect. The first thing I noticed was her hair. It was a wavy bright red that cascaded down her back. How I longed to run my fingers through it and pull on it. Her face was flawless and was cupped perfected by her long locks. She had vibrant green eyes that now were locked on my dull grey ones. She had a cute button nose and full luscious lips that I was dying to claim with my own.  I looked her over further and admired her curvaceous body. She was perfect and she was mine. All mine.

I guess I wasn't the only one turned on as I smelt a waft of her arousal. I'm glad she liked what she saw because it all belonged to her. She could have my soul if she wanted.

"Mate." I growled out. Well Kade did mostly. He was even more excited than I was.

I looked into her eyes and saw them swimming with lust and love but there was also a hint of confusion.

Why was she confused? I was her mate and that's how it was going to be. No matter what, she would be mine.