Mistake

Valentino

She looked beautiful while she was sleeping. She was unknowingly cuddling into one of my pillows because of my scent. Her wolf had come to terms with our mating and fully accepted Kade and I. He said that while we were sleeping he had gotten to know Sofie, Cara's wolf. He was already in love with her.

Her bright red hair was splayed across the pillows and her skirt had ridden up a bit revealing her long milky legs. I could get use to this sight for the rest of my life. I sighed softly to myself.

She shifted around and buried her face in my pillow trying to get more of my scent. God she was perfect although her mouth could use a little work. She had a quick tongue and I had a feeling it would get the both of us in some deep shit.

I debated on laying back down with my mate but I had work to do.

I slipped on some basketball shorts after I took off my sweats last night as it was too hot and stood up from my position by the bed. I mind linked my beta, Elliot to bring me breakfast to my office.

"Elliot, can you bring up some breakfast for me and then take some to Cara?" I asked while making my way up to my office. I swung open the door and stretched. It would be a long couple of hours. Pulling out my laptop, I got to work.

"I'm busy. Why can't you bring her breakfast yourself?" He growled. He was obviously fooling around with one of the pack members that lined up to be with him.

"Don't fucking defy me and do what I ask immediately without questioning it." I growled loudly. He had some fucking nerve. He knew I could kick his ass 60 times and still have energy for more. I couldn't wait until he found his mate and settled down for good. This was getting annoying.

I checked my email and surfed through it. Spam. Spam. Threat. Spam. Death Threat. A coupon for Foot Locker. Score.

I looked at my severely cluttered desk. I thought I told Sarah to organize it. Ugh. I closed down my laptop and got to creating some treaties for some packs I had some interest in.

Moments later, Elliot waltz in with a plate stacked high with pancakes and other goodies. "Took you long enough." I grumbled as he set down the plate. He smelled like sex and I sniffled harder. Was that men's cologne? Elliot didn't wear cologne. That I knew for sure.

"I didn't know what to bring you so I got you a little of everything. I dropped off some to Cara as well."

That's more like it. Some fucking respect around here.

"Thanks. You're dismissed." I announced shortly.

"What are you going to do with her? Your mate I mean." He asked while stealing a piece of bacon from my plate.

I stopped working and leaned back in my chair. "What do you mean, what am I going to do with her? We will mate and she will become Luna. Simple as that."

"What about Amelia?" He quirked his eyebrow up.

I rolled my eyes. Her name made my blood boil. I balled my hand up in a fist, "What about her? She has no significance in my life anymore."

"Dude. Don't you remember? You promised her Dad in the form of a peace treaty that she's to become your Luna no matter what." He explained.

I stood up and slammed my hands on the desk. "What lies do you speak?! I would do no such thing knowing I had a mate out there!"