06 | Click [Shutter Click]

"Have you always had this scar design?" I give her no reply about the chest and belly scarification. The design runs up my body from belly up between my breasts I've had it my whole life. A mix of swirls, dark colored flesh lines, and dots. The design outlines my belly button and spreads out. My father carved it into my skin when I was a child so I would always know where I come from.

   The examination is intrusive. She gathers her samples with step by step updates to me. How everything is tested at this hospital in her calm voice.

   She attempts to get an answer from me about if he was able to-

Click.

Click.

   The doctor finishes up and puts the last of my samples into her little bags. She explains the STD test is only a precaution. I put the Morning After Pill to my lips and swallow. The pill is raw down my throat, it moves like razor blades.

   "It's important to be sure," she says to me grimly. Her smooth voice falters on the words. This is the first time she has sounded anything other than confident and kind to me.

   I slip back into the itchy hospital gown and lie back. I'm waiting as she evaluates my arm. Her voice is calm as her hands comes to set the bone. I let out a sharp hiss.

   "I can heal it and set it correctly without an x-ray using Magik," she mumbles. The coolness of her purple bluish power moves through my body.

   The door flies open. My eyes snap to it and panic sets in. The first hard rush of feelings breaks through the numbness.I see a tip of the officer's boot coming through the door.

I can smell the rich scent of his awful cologne all over my body again.

Copper.

Hands on my body.

Sweat.

The room gets so small.

Lust.

His smell everywhere.

Fear.

All over me.

Panic, I can't breathe.

   Her Magik power rushes through my veins. A fiery ricochet burns through my body. Boots rush through the door. The doctor collapses to the ground. More room is crowded with the overflow of bodies. They are all pushed up against the bluish.

   "She read no magic," the female officer yells.

   "Hands up," her partner bellows. He draws his weapon in the too small room.

   The police attempt to bust through the Magik shield. There fist ding against the hard shell of bluish light.

   A tall man enters with dark black hair. He presses his palm against the shield "Quinn," he says with a deep stern command. His blue eyes are stormy with a small hint of gray. It's like fire flashes in his eyes crackles of magic.

   His effortless style and doesn't match the anger in his eyes. He has a well past five o'clock shadow thick on his face and looks dangerous. He stands in an expensive dark gray three-piece suit with a light blue tie. He towers over the police officers and gawkers alike at around six-three in the small examining room.

   The tall man slams his fist against the barrier, it shatters like glass. He marches through the glittery blue light that disappears fast. The man reaches down and extends two long fingers to the doctor's pulse. He locks his gaze to mine with absolute animosity. The harsh look conveys the threat that he would love to do the same to me as he did to the barrier.

   "What have you done to my sister?" He says slowly with each heated word ready and happy to beat me down. I take my eyes off him for a moment and I flick my eyes back to her.

   I really don't know if I did or did not do something to her. Silent might be the safest. Anything I said would be a lie. Lying to someone with power isn't a smart move. I remember that from my childhood. It's a lesson I took to heart when I lived on my dead end street without a speck of power.

   My heart races as I master the urge to bolt. Broken arm or not. I was less than twenty seconds from making a run for it. Maybe, I wouldn't make it out the door but it's hard to reason with my scared.

   Two deep sub-vocal growls fill the room. The corner with Riverh and Rhain growls rises above my fear. They sound bigger than their little bodies.The puppies crash through the baby fence; both puppies slide on the slippery floor. They go in over in hackles up and angry. The puppies block me from the room. A non-stop growl makes it clear do not mess with them.

Bad...very... bad...