Late (Angst/Slight Fluff)

Hello! Just letting everyone know that I have a tumblr:

igot7bangtans.tumblr.com

which I am more active on and it has more of my fics and most of them are completed. So, please follow me there!

Thank you,

Mason

-

You gnawed at your bottom lip anxiously, pacing back and forth in your living room. The clock read 1:53 a.m., and your boyfriend, Yoongi, had yet to arrive home.

You knew he was probably working, and you wouldn't lie, you sometimes wished he would stop. He, more often than not, pushed himself too hard, never allowing himself to take a break. He would insist on staying in the studio longer because it wasn't perfect yet or that there are still some little imperfections that he didn't want the world to find and criticize him for.

He'd usually come home late due to this, past midnight, and you would typically not mind so much since A) at least he was coming home at all and B) you tended to be awake since you stayed up studying for school, thus allowing you to see him before you slept.

So to say you were used to this was an understatement, but he was never back this late. This was different.

If he wasn't going to be home at the expected time he would send you a message to tell you to get some sleep because he knew you waited up for him so he would be the last thing you saw before going to bed. He didn't leave any voicemails and he didn't respond to any of your several messages in which you were questioning his whereabouts.

He should've been home by now. He should currently be holding you in his arms as a way to release stress from a long day at work. He should be complaining about everything that went wrong at his job today and laughing at the "lame" (as he would say) jokes you made in order to lighten up his mood.

You hoped that he wasn't out drinking. You knew that he wasn't really drinker and that he probably wouldn't take on something like that but it still plagued your mind. His days could be stressful and you thought that maybe he finally decided to go to a bar and have a beer to relax himself rather than coming to you.

Just the thought of it made you upset.

As time continued to tick on, you found yourself getting angry and crossing your arms. Why wasn't he home? And why wouldn't he at least message you to tell you he'd be home late or something? Didn't he know how much you worried about him and his health?

When the door finally opened, you made sure to note that it was 2:07 in the morning. Your boyfriend walked through the door with his bag in hand, looking down. You prayed that he wasn't drunk.

He closed the door behind him, looking up. Upon seeing you with your arms crossed and a worried yet irritated expression on your face, his eyebrows went up.

"Y/N, you're up. Why?" He asked, his voice a little hoarse. His words weren't the least bit slurred, so you felt a little bit of relief at knowing he probably didn't go out to the bar.

You still scoffed in response, already ready to yell at him. "Why am I up? Because I was waiting for you to come home, Yoongi! Where the hell have you been?"

He groaned, dropping his bag and rubbing at his face with his hands. "I was doing my own shit, Y/N. Why the fuck do you feel the need to get up my ass about everything?" He removed his hands and let them rest at his side, revealing a glare.

You sputtered. "Excuse me? Why do I get up your ass? Well, for one, Yoongi, it's because I care about you and your well-being. You're my boyfriend, in case you forgot about that key fact. Second, if either of us is hounding on the other, you're the one who does it to me."