Flirtatious (Romance/Slight Fluff) (4)

Hello! Just letting everyone know that I have a tumblr:

igot7bangtans.tumblr.com

which I am more active on and it has more of my fics and most of them are completed. So, please follow me there!

Thank you,

Mason

-

Prompt: Jungkook seems to flirt with you all the time, but it's never in public—always through calls or texts. When he sees you in public, he acts as if he doesn't even know you exist. What's worse is that you're falling for him, but it doesn't seem like he feels the same way. Is he teasing you or just playing hard to get?

-

Your fingers combed through your slightly curled hair as you sat down at a table off to the side, currently by yourself. Your boyfriend¸ Jungkook, was late to your scheduled date.

It was a Wednesday, currently 1:04 p.m. The two of you were going to meet at the café that had become like a second home to each of you. Then you would just go from there, doing whatever you felt like. But currently, he was nowhere to be found, and it was ticking you off.

It was your one year anniversary, and you had this planned about a week in advance, so you were definitely upset that he wasn't here. It was an important date, and he knew that. To believe he would really be late to something like this, something he was raving about. It made you groan.

The two of you had started dating on a Saturday just last year. It was during Hoseok's party, after you decided to confront him about what was going on between the two of you.

For five months, you had a back and forth flirting relationship with Jungkook, and you were beginning to grow really tired of it. You weren't always crazy about it, but it was going on for too long by that point, so you did something about it. It just so happened to end up with him confessing that he wasn't who he acted like, and that he actually liked you. You admitted that you liked him back, and things just fell into place from there.

After he asked you if you were free Tuesday, and you were. Then he asked to meet you at the café, which was where you were first introduced, and there you had your first date. Now, you were going to celebrate your one year together. Assuming he would arrive.

You pursed your lips, frowning and putting your phone face down on the table. One of your pet peeves were people that arrived late, especially without telling you they'd be late or without giving you a reason why. It was irritating, and you could respect someone being late so long as they let you know. Jungkook hadn't even sent you a message.

Bringing your hands up to rub at your temples in an attempt to calm yourself, you sighed. You hoped he wasn't standing you up or something. The two of you had been fine the past few days, only a bit of arguing due to your conflicting schedules. Besides that, each of you were excitedly anticipating the date. You were happy that you had lasted so long, and he seemed to feel the same way. At least, you thought so.

You felt an uneasiness in your stomach at the thought. He wouldn't really not attend your one year anniversary date, right? This wouldn't be his way of dumping you? It was a stretch, but you couldn't help but worry a little. You bit your bottom lip again, shutting your eyes.

Then, a breeze rushed by you and you heard a seat squeak across the floor and the sound of someone plopping themselves down in it. You opened your eyes to see you boyfriend slightly out of breath.

He smiled at you, although it was a guilty one since he knew he was in trouble. "Hey, God, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to be late, but I bought something for you, and once I was halfway here I realized I forgot it at our apartment, but I really wanted to bring it, so I had to go back and get it since I didn't want you to not have it. I'm sorry, I hope you're not mad at me because this was an accident and—"

"Jungkook," you interrupted, and he closed his mouth. "Breathe." He opened his mouth, taking a couple of breaths, making you smile just a bit. "It's okay. I wish you would've told me, though," you said, the smile turning down.

He sighed. "I know, and I'm sorry. I thought I could make it in time. But, hey, I got you something, okay? I think you'll like it." He reached into his pocket, pulling out a small black box and holding it out to you. You took it, looking at him as he explained. "It's kind of lame, but I wanted to get you something to show how much I love you, I guess. I feel kind of embarrassed saying this, sorry," he admitted, scratching the back of his head nervously.

You looked down and opened it, finding there to be an open heart necklace in sterling silver. It had a bunch of diamond gems in the shape of it, and you found it to be really pretty, actually. You smiled again, turning back up to him. "Jungkook, this is nice. I love it."

The words pleased him, and you could tell since he let out a sigh of relief. "I'm glad you think so. I, um, got it because it's two hearts, and well, represents us," he said with a shrug, clearly feeling shy about his explanation even after all this time. "One heart for me and one heart for you. And if you were to finish the line and connect them, it would look like an infinity sign, and um, I guess what I'm trying to say is that my love for you is infinite. I love you, like, a lot, Y/N," he said with an airy chuckle, biting his bottom lip.

Throughout his elaboration on the meaning of why he bought it, your face turned slightly neutral. But your lips slowly turned up.

"Oh, Jungkook," you said, looking down due to embarrassment.

He chuckled again, reaching out to touch your arm, causing you to lift your head to see him gazing at you, adoration clear in his features.

"Happy one year, Y/N. I hope that we can continue on like this for a long time. You mean so much to me, and I don't know where I'd be if you hadn't confronted me about my behavior one year ago today," he admitted, smiling at you.

You couldn't help how wide your grin became, shaking your head. "I don't think I had much other choice. I didn't want to go on just flirting any longer."

Jungkook hummed, grabbing both of your hands to intertwine them and rest them on the table. "I'm glad I frustrated you enough to do that, then." You laughed, and he joined you. "I really love you."

You sighed happily. "I love you too, Jungkook."