2-Maddy

I stared into his blue eyes, with flecks of yellow and green. He was beautiful, and I hoped he knew it, because man, he definitely should. He was taller than me by maybe 5 inches, his muscular arms wrapped around me. Soft, sand coloured hair, and a smile that melted my heart, I wondered why he chose me.

We had been texting for the past week, for as long as possible, and I was getting to know Dawson really well. Things like his favourite colour, and personal information were imprinted in my brain, along with what he looked like, smells like, feels like.

We were texting one day when he said that he'd like to go out with me, and I hadn't said yes. Instead, because I wanted to see the emotion in his eyes, and to be able to tell if it was a prank, I told him he'd have to ask me in person.

He agreed, and I felt better. I had hardly known him two weeks and already felt like I'd known him previously. Like everything he said, I could relate to so well. Dawson was just a boy, who had been broken before, by more than just the little girls he played with at lunch. Much deeper things, like family, had played a big role in both of our lives.

We were still young, middle school was young compared to all the high school students who still treated us like 5 year olds. It was alright though. We weren't looking for their acceptance, we were happy alone.

Cadets was one of the only times we saw each other, because we both went to different schools, that has merged busses, because they were cheap. I wasn't on his bus, but every day he'd come see me at my bus before going to his. So this Monday afternoon, he came up to my bus and hugged me. When he pulled back, he looked me in the eye and said

'So, do you wanna go out with me?'

I felt my cheeks brighten and my smile widen as I answered, with butterflies in my tummy

'Yes!'

Two weeks into our relationship, and I had just came back from a Toronto trip, and he had just left for his own, when he told me that he wanted to break up with me, because he was stressed out and confused and sad of the death of a family member. One that meant a lot to him.

I cried at my lost chance at love, but not three days later he texted me saying how sorry he was and how he wanted to "hook back up with me"

I wasn't sure what to think, but my naive heart accepted his preposition once again. We were happy, and things were a little different. Not in a bad way, but I did notice nonetheless.
October 27 was the date that we got back together. November passed as it started to get colder. We were now officially both 14.

He was sitting on my bed beside me, an awkward silence filled the room, and neither of us knew what to do. Suddenly he turned to me, and kissed my cheek quickly and turned back straight, blushing. I grinned and looked at him, and he looked at me, and gave me a small peck on the lips.
'There's more where that came from.'
He said with a wink.

'That's not how you kiss. That's how you would kiss your mother goodbye before you leave, I'll show you how to really kiss.'

I said, pulling him closer to me, and locking lips with him. I was Dawson's first real kiss, and boy did he catch on quickly.