7-Dawson

I never stopped dipping. I also started smoking more week and cigarettes and vaping all the time. Maddy told me I had an addictive personality.

Whatever that means.

When she threw my dip in the fire I got upset at her. I lied again. I also got mad at her for making a scene in front of her friends.

On her 15th birthday, one year previously, I had asked her to marry me. I could already see that it wasn't going to work out. She was so overbearing. She knew it too.

Summer of 2017 shows up, and we're still together. It's almost been 3 years. I think everything is running smoothly.

She keeps going to her friend Ryan's house, because he has his friend Braxton over from British Columbia. Braxton's a nice guy, and has a thing for some other girl here. So I don't think anything of it.

While her family is camping, she's at home. Its August, and she hasn't been spending time with anyone except at work.

When Maddy calls me my heart drops. She wants to break up. I know because I asked her. Her response was,

'Do you want to know why?'

I just told her I was coming over immediately.

When I showed up at her house I gave her the biggest hug ever. She explained how I was fucking everything up. How even in bed, things were on the rocks. Not that I was bad, but whatever. I begged her to stay, for another chance, for a break at the most. She denied me.

We went from the living room to the kitchen, I was getting ready to leave. Soon. She looked at me.

'I really like Braxton.'

I froze.

'Yeah, he's a really nice guy.'

She looked up sadly.

'Yeah, and I really like him.'

I just went and put on my boots. I was done. Leaving. I felt so rejected by her.

She stood in front of the door and didn't let me leave. So I just broke down into tears.

By the end of all our crying, we were taking a break.

That didn't last long.