3-Dawson

As winter passed, I kept hearing rumours about Maddy doing things with other guys. She was in high school now, I was a year behind her.

Everytime I brought it up, she denied having done anything. I tried to believe her, but it was getting harder. Every time I heard something new I got more and more angry. Maddy, wearing someone else's sweater. Maddy, kissing boys at lunch. Maddy, falling for someone else. It hurt to think that's it was a possibility. By the time summer came, we had talked about breaking up multiple times. We just couldn't get it right.

Summer went fairly well, we saw eachother often. Halfway between each of our houses there was a bike trail, and we would sit under the overpass for hours, talking, laughing, kissing. It was amazing. She was the love of my life. I told her that summer. When I said the three words she froze, and the knot in my stomach tightened. Then, I watched as she turned towards me with the biggest, sappiest grin on her beautiful face.

"I love you too." She exclaimed as she pulled me in for a kiss.

Fall brought bad times again, but I was finally in highschool. Every year fall was a terrible time. Probably because of the start of school and everyone starting rumours.

I felt something was wrong with Maddy, but I couldn't tell what. Something seemed off with her.

One day, I got a text from a girl named Katherine Russel. She was gorgeous, from what her photos showed, and was willing to be my girlfriend. We flirted for a few days, and then I heard that she started talking to my best friend Shawn. But even then, Katherine was everything I wanted.

After a week of texting Katherine, I got a call from Maddy apologizing. I had no idea what for. She told me that she's been catfishing me, and couldn't stand it anymore. God, I was so stupid to think that someone like Katherine existed. I had been caught, and awaited my punishment. We apologislzed to eachother and decided to stay together.

As the school year passed, I found out that Maddy did something terrible to me. While I was in my funk, she found consolation in my best friend.

Shawn looked for attractive girls, which Maddy definitely was, and convinced them to send him whatever pictures he could get.

He didn't tell me for around a month or two.